Vice President –Strategy and Communications, Hong Kong
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
As we continue to grow our operations in Asia-Pacific, we are looking for a high calibre candidate to join our dynamic and professional Strategy and Communications team as a Vice President in Hong Kong. This is a unique opportunity for a driven, self-motivated candidate to develop a successful career in a dynamic, growing international advisory company.
A Vice President at Teneo is a core member of our account teams, responsible for helping execute strategic programs and communications initiatives in support of Teneo’s clients. You will play a pivotal role in providing the highest quality of service to our clients and act as the day-to-day lead for all client projects and oversee team delivery. Vice Presidents have an established and trusted relationship with clients and are the go-to advisor. Vice Presidents set high standards and provide quality control for all client work prior to sign-off where needed. They also create a positive team environment ensuring everyone has a clear role and opportunity to learn and develop.
- Provides day-to-day client team direction and management and acts as a proactive coach and mentor across teams
- Develop and manage communications plans and campaigns on behalf of clients
- This may include, but not be limited to, communications strategy related to corporate developments and crises, financial calendar management, and M&A and other transaction activity
- Responsible for formulating strategic plans, press releases, memos, and distributed media materials; managing messages; and coordinating client program activities
- Contributes to new business lead development and pitches and plays an active role in growing clients organically
- Leads day-to-day client activity, ensuring high standards and establishing strong client relationships across the organization
- Provides in-depth knowledge of client’s business and industries and ensures teams are fully briefed
- Demonstrates a good understanding of other areas of expertise within the business and actively shares knowledge with clients
- Keeps well informed and uses a broad range of sources to build opinion and ideas.
- Takes personal responsibility for investing in own development, seeking opportunities to learn new things and broaden skills
- 6 - 10 years related experience in a similar environment within corporate communications, financial communications or media
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to execute multi-platform communications strategies
- A deep understanding and broad resources in media and experienced in media relations
- Demonstrated expertise in crisis and issues management
- Ability to think creatively, approach communications from new angles, and handle both day-to-day account work and one-off client asks
- Demonstrated leadership in managing multiple stakeholders while maintaining good relationships
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential and Chinese language skills are preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Communications, Journalism, Economics or Finance is an advantage
- International experience (study and/or work) a plus
- Have a strong appetite for global news and macroeconomic/finance events
- Ability to be confident, agile and proactive
- Must display a strong work ethic, high standards and commitment to the role