This is your opportunity to join Teneo’s growing Financial Advisory team in Cardiff working alongside some of the most experienced practitioners in the field advising the boards, management teams, lenders and shareholders of companies on some of their most challenging strategic issues.
As a Manager within Financial Advisory you will be exposed to a wide variety of projects within a highly commercial, client focused environment. You will work on high profile assignments ranging from insolvency to advising on the restructuring and financial turnarounds for high profile mid-market, national and international clients.
This represents a truly exciting time for the Financial Advisory team. Following the sale of the Deloitte Restructuring business to Teneo in June 2021, the Financial Advisory business continues to grow across multiple disciplines and international locations. This growth will provide fantastic opportunities to rapidly develop your career on a structured path.
As a Manager in the team, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of engagements across all sectors, with plenty of responsibility for leading workstreams, managing junior staff and supporting Directors, Managing Directors and Senior Managing Directors in client-facing delivery. Key aspects of the role will include:
- Client Service – Being part of and leading project teams advising corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders on Restructuring Advisory, Contingency Planning and Insolvency projects.
- Business Development – Playing an active role in the team’s business development and targeting activities, developing your network in the financial advisory market.
- People and Leadership – Manage, coach and provide guidance and support to team members, helping to support talent development and foster an inclusive environment.
The Financial Advisory Team at Teneo
Teneo’s global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of financial stress and distress. No two situations are the same. Our advice and approach is tailored to each situation and each client. At Teneo, we believe such occurrences present new opportunities for our clients. Opportunities to restore value, raise new capital, pivot in a new direction and ultimately, identify certainty amidst chaos. Teneo partners with clients to find viable opportunities that will protect and enhance value and help them to build strategies that will most benefit their business and/or investment goals.
Integrating the disciplines of financial advisory, management consulting, investor relations, strategic communications, government affairs, risk analysis and talent advisory, Teneo’s global Financial Advisory team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress. We help address the challenges a business faces, whether that is targeted performance improvement or delivering a route to recover value, our focus is delivering certainty from uncertainty.
- Assist with project managing parts of the engagement and appointments, providing support to the Director / Managing Director (or often directly Senior Managing Director) in managing external stakeholders.
- Support management teams in preparing and challenging business plans, short term cash flow forecasts and restructuring plans.
- Develop, analyse and present Financial Advisory options.
- Apply an understanding of engagement economics, financial and risk management.
- Build client relationship skills, sector knowledge and continue to develop leadership skills.
- Continue to build technical expertise, broader business advisory and people management skills.
- Understand the market, topical issues and our Financial Advisory propositions.
People and Leadership
- Actively support practice and talent development, including on-the-job coaching, mentoring and participation in wider business training initiatives.
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Have a clear understanding of Teneo’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
- Start to own elements of business development, including actively supporting business development activities, building and expending your own contact network and supporting Director / Managing Director-led marketing and sales activities.
- Participate in existing business development programmes and key client accounts.
- Identify opportunities to expand jobs as well as opportunities to provide wider Teneo services to existing clients.
- Take responsibility for leading marketing initiatives aimed at specific channels to market, or events.
Key Skills & Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent), both time and exam qualified.
- Audit, Tax, Financial advisory, insolvency or transaction experience gained within a professional services company, consultancy firm or bank.
- Commitment to understanding the restructuring, insolvency and transaction marketplace, its trends, and key players (principals and advisers).
- Very strong analytical skills, including business analytics, business planning, short term cash flows, financing options. A basic understanding of insolvency legislation and practice is not a prerequisite but helpful.
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Excellent reporting writing skills, with experience of developing client deliverables.
- Ability to lead small teams, coach, mentor and develop junior members of the team.
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we’re proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by an induction programme. As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and rewards including:
- Market-leading salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities