This is a unique opportunity for a motivated Disputes Consultant or Senior Consultant from a financial advisory or valuations team within the Big 4 or a leading advisory firm to join the fast-growing Valuations, Disputes and Arbitration practice within the Valuation Advisory Services Team of Teneo, the global CEO advisory firm. Our team provides expert witness and dispute services alongside with other valuation services (e.g. transactions, tax).
The successful candidate will be a driven valuation disputes and arbitration professional who is seeking to join an exciting new team which offers unparalleled opportunities for personal growth and promotion. They should exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit with a genuine desire to provide quality, independent advice and insight to Teneo’s blue chip client base.
As part of a select and highly skilled team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work on expert witness engagements in commercial disputes and arbitration, whilst collaborating closely with a range of industry leading specialists across different teams
- Provide financial advisory services including economic and regulatory advisory, competition policy and antitrust, intellectual property valuation and pricing, and business valuation
- Participate in forensic investigations and accounting
Typical projects will include
- Contentious valuation and expert witness report for disputes, arbitration and court proceedings
- Economic and regulatory advisory
- Shareholder disputes
- Loss of profit analyses
- Intellectual property valuation and pricing
- Forensic investigations
Key Skills & Experience
- 1-5 years of experience in dispute work gained at a financial advisory firm or a Big 4 accounting firm (We are hiring at all levels)
- Experience providing contentious valuation and modelling across a variety of sectors and asset classes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Fluent business level English is essential. Additional European language skills are advantageous
- Ambitious, with a desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial culture
- Teneo is an environment that presents a real opportunity for ambitious individuals as all employees are encouraged to develop their client network and business development skills
- Experienced in using Word, Excel and Power Point
- A strong and flexible work ethic
- A confident and enthusiastic team player.
- CFA and/or relevant accounting professional designations is a plus
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We balance the culture and feel of a boutique-sized company against the great client opportunities presented by working for a larger company.
Our culture is critical to our success. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and collaborative working environment in which strong performers can make rapid career progress. In supporting this, we run dedicated events for mental health and well-being, and ensure an inclusive and transparent environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential to our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. We are very happy to talk about flexible working, so please do let us know if this something you would like to discuss.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities