Consultant, Strategy and Communications Advisory - Beijing
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Teneo’s clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions, and organizations. Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
As we continue to grow our operations in Asia-Pacific, we are looking for a high caliber candidate to join our dynamic and professional Strategy and Communications Advisory team as a Consultant in Beijing. This is a unique opportunity for a driven, self-motivated candidate to develop a successful career in a dynamic, growing international advisory company.
- Day-to-day coordination and management of client strategy and communications;
- Prepare policy papers, policy response statements, and points-of-view on the relevant policies
- Developing network of external stakeholders across government, industry, think tanks and business associations.
- Supporting client leads with research and preparation of strategy and briefing materials, and client engagement
- Supporting in the development of client deliverables including strategies, key messaging, Q&A documents, presentations and speeches;
- Establishment of comprehensive understanding of Teneo’s full breadth of offerings and ongoing development as ‘subject matter expert’ in critical areas;
- Building an internal peer-level network within Teneo across our global offices to support professional development and business growth;
- Supporting operations of the Beijing office.
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in political science, public policy, international relations, business, economics. A postgraduate degree is an advantage;
- 1-3 years’ experience in government affairs, public policy, political process and communications
- Existing network of trusted relations with governments, public policy makers and trade associations preferred
- Possess excellent verbal and written skills in English and Chinese
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel;
- International experience (study and / or work) is a plus;
- Have a strong appetite for geopolitics, macroeconomic / finance events;
- Candidate needs to be confident, mature and professional.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, can-do attitude and being a team player is essential;
- Must display a strong work ethic, high standards and commitment to the role.