Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40 offices around the world.
About Teneo Risk Advisory
Teneo Risk Advisory is one of four business segments within Teneo (alongside Strategy, Management Consulting, and Capital Advisory), focused on offering CEOs a holistic approach to identify, manage, and mitigate operational risks to their businesses.
The business segment, led by former New York City Police Commissioner William Bratton, is comprised of a world-class team of practitioners, investigators, analysts, technical advisors, and strategic partners with a broad array of operational and advisory backgrounds from the world’s most respected corporate, military, intelligence, consulting, technology, public health, and public-safety organizations. Our team’s vast experience and backgrounds render us equipped to address a myriad of internal and external threats which CEOs must navigate daily.
Teneo Risk Advisory helps organizations protect their most valuable assets: people, information, and infrastructure. Our tenet is prevention, problem-solving, and partnership with our clients. We provide comprehensive strategic guidance to build risk awareness, resiliency, and mitigation and also bring an added dimension to our clients’ risk-management capabilities. Our core offerings are Risk Intelligence, Corporate Resilience, Cyber Security, and Public Safety.
A Vice President (VP) within Teneo Risk is a core, client-facing member of our account teams. As a VP you are responsible for assisting with the definition and execution of strategic programs and initiatives in support of Teneo Risk clients. This includes CEOs of major global corporations and their leadership teams, including a large percentage of Fortune 100 firms, requiring VPs to illustrate strong communication and client advisory skills. Vice Presidents are highly motivated and dedicated individuals who are able to deal directly with senior clients and internal team members on strategy, new business development, client solutions, thought leadership, and industry trends.
As a VP with Teneo’s Risk Intelligence team, the individual will be primarily tasked with the day-to-day management of Teneo Risk’s digital intelligence capabilities, which includes global threat monitoring and the design and delivery of security, geopolitical risk, and threat intelligence products such as briefings, heatmaps, alerting, reports and white papers. The VP will report directly to the SVP of Teneo’s Risk Intelligence team and will work closely with the team to manage client engagements and deliver best-in-class service.
This role is responsible for maintaining a network of intelligence resources and open-source/social media analysis tools that will improve Teneo Risk’s ability to identify threats and emerging risks pursuant to client engagements, as well as will build an information-gathering network that focuses on identifying threats in the digital and physical domains. The ideal candidate is someone with experience in delivering complex threat intelligence concepts contextualized for the business environment, and who has strong writing and analytical capabilities. Outputs and products developed by this position will be used as foundational elements of client mandates where we provide corporate and private client security advisory, as well as deliverables and offerings that can be sold as stand-alone intelligence products to enhance corporate operations. To this end, the ideal candidate is someone who has an extensive background in dealing with threat intelligence monitoring and alerting solutions, including deep and dark web platforms, as well as familiarity with the broader marketplace of tools and services.
- Define and execute on Teneo Risk’s Risk and Digital Intelligence strategy and programs
- Assist/lead the preparation of contemporaneous security alerts, daily/weekly analytical intelligence products, event-driven briefs and strategic research projects.
- Guide junior analysts in the collection and review of information from intelligence sources
- Drive impact and value on critical issues that confront Security Leaders such as CSOs, CISOs, General Counsel and Chief Risk Officers
- Manage security projects and workstreams including definition of timelines, deliverables, creation of progress reports across the account team, the client, and vendors
- Evangelize security awareness and best practices throughout all levels of the client’s organization, considering the tactics, techniques, and procedures employed by malicious actors and how they evolve
- Understand and articulate relevant physical, cyber and health security industry trends in order to help supply independent assessments on strategic opportunities and priorities
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an intelligence analysis or risk intelligence specialist, focused on the protection of company assets for a Fortune 500 firm or major security consultancy.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, government, economics, cybersecurity policy or related field required; master’s degree in similar fields strongly preferred
- Illustrate strong critical thinking and writing skills
- Experience with open-source intelligence and social media analysis tools, including deep and dark web platforms; experience conducting advanced internet-based research using Boolean logic strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of at least one other language (Spanish, Chinese, French, or Russian) is strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Advanced Excel experience (pivot tables; charts; functions; etc.)
- Expertise in the development, design and delivery of the analytic methodology and approach for building intelligence products and services
- Proven problem-solving skills, and the ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems, driving solutions through to resolution
What we offer
As a Teneo employee, you'll enjoy unique benefits including flexible time off policy; medical, dental, and vision coverage; long-term disability, and life insurance; a 401K plan; commuter benefits; team events; snacks; and other perks.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Teneo is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Teneo considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.