This is your opportunity to join Teneo’s growing Financial Advisory team in Cardiff, working alongside some of the most experienced practitioners in the field advising the boards, management teams, lenders and shareholders of companies on some of their most challenging strategic issues.
You will be exposed to a wide variety of projects within a highly commercial, client focused environment. You will work on high profile assignments ranging from insolvency to advising on the restructuring and financial turnarounds for high profile mid-market, national and international clients.
This represents a truly exciting time for the Financial Advisory team. Following the sale of the Deloitte Restructuring business to Teneo in June 2021, the Financial Advisory business continues to grow across multiple disciplines and international locations. This growth will provide fantastic opportunities to rapidly develop your career on a structured path.
As a Senior Consultant you will support the leadership team with:
- Client Service – Be a part of project teams on a diverse range of challenging engagements – this will involve advising corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders on Restructuring Advisory, Contingency Planning and Insolvency projects.
- Business Development – Support the team’s business development and targeting activities.
- People and Leadership – Provide guidance and support to team members to create an inclusive environment.
The Financial Advisory Team at Teneo
Teneo’s global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of financial stress and distress. No two situations are the same. Our advice and approach is tailored to each situation and each client. At Teneo, we believe such occurrences present new opportunities for our clients. Opportunities to restore value, raise new capital, pivot in a new direction and ultimately, identify certainty amidst chaos. Teneo partners with clients to find viable opportunities that will protect and enhance value and help them to build strategies that will most benefit their business and/or investment goals.
Integrating the disciplines of financial advisory, management consulting, investor relations, strategic communications, government affairs, risk analysis and talent advisory, Teneo’s global Financial Advisory team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress. We help address the challenges a business faces, whether that is targeted performance improvement or delivering a route to recover value, our focus is delivering certainty from uncertainty.
- You will be a key team member working on financial restructuring engagements on a day-to-day basis, including managing junior staff.
- Assist with detailed financial and commercial analysis of businesses to identify key issues, challenges, opportunities and risks.
- Produce high quality deliverables within planned timescales.
- Apply an understanding of financial engagement economics and engagement risk and quality management.
- Build client relationship skills, sector knowledge and continue to develop leadership skills.
- Continue to build technical expertise, broader business advisory and people management skills.
- Develop an understanding of the market, topical issues and our Financial Advisory propositions.
People and Leadership
- Support leadership in creating an inclusive environment.
- Proactively support the development of colleagues by providing timely feedback and identifying development opportunities.
- Continue to develop personal brand.
- Proactively contribute to business development.
- Support senior colleagues in the running of a sector or marketing key account team, including participating in, and organising, marketing events.
- Assist in regular targeting, research and development of project pitches.
Key Skills & Experience
- ACA/ACCA or equivalent qualification or experience (fully qualified)
- Analytical with strong IT skills e.g., Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook packages.
- Highly numerate with attention to detail and the ability to absorb large amounts of data quickly.
- Strong commercial and business diagnostics acumen.
- Experience of writing internal and/or client deliverables and financial analysis.
- Excellent communication, project management and organisational skills.
- Client and team focus, with ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships.
- Ambition to learn and develop further.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by an induction programme. As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Market-leading salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we’re proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.