Teneo is a global CEO advisory firm. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world's leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100, as well as other global corporations.
Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, diversity & inclusion, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political risk advisory, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
Teneo is seeking a Director of global content and channel marketing to creatively develop and effectively distribute compelling, informative and engaging content, connecting Teneo stakeholders with the company’s intellectual capital and building on the firm’s credibility as the most trusted and respected advisors to CEOs. This position plays an influential role in shaping the firm’s narratives and thought leadership as well as the channel strategy to maximize engagement and intent among Teneo’s clients, prospects, advisors, partners, employees, and candidates.
You will report to the head of Teneo’s global marketing function and collaborate extensively with executive leadership and the company’s impressive roster of senior advisors as well as with leaders from the company’s key businesses. You will help build a team of internal and external resources to develop an always-on comprehensive approach to creating multi-media content that is relevant and timely, distributed through multiple platforms and partners, and measured for impact and effectiveness.
You will create, and inspire others to create, differentiated and thought-provoking content, with exceptional creative and writing skills and a deep grounding in macro and micro economic and societal issues – all in service of brand and business building.
You will effectively be Teneo’s editor in chief, owning the entire lifecycle of content marketing: strategy and planning, production, publishing, distribution, analytics, measurement, and optimization.
- Ensure that content is “built for purpose” at all levels with clear KPIs and taps into appropriate internal and agency/freelance resources for an efficient and effective approach that is consistent with Teneo’s brand standards. Leverage client, advisor, partner, industry and macro market data to tell relevant stories in unexpected yet relevant ways.
- Develop a nimble and relevant messaging and related editorial strategy through an analysis of client needs and interests that align with Teneo’s advisory services, ie: ESG, Risk and Resilience, Talent, etc. Establish editorial pillars and multi-format, multi-platform content experiences throughout the calendar year.
- Lead internal and external team members in the creation of multi-format content, providing hands-on positioning, writing, and editing support and ensuring that content production is maximized for use across multiple distribution channels. Direct internal and external production resources including design, UX, video, motion graphics, infographics, photography, etc.
- Recommend and manage quarterly and annual content calendars, inclusive of owned content and content produced with publishing partners. Content platforms include: Teneo.com, LinkedIn/Twitter, client and employee newsletters, publishing partnerships, webinars/podcasts, in-person events and other emerging channels.
- Teneo’s thought leadership is only as good as the channel distribution plan that supports it. Develop the strategies, systems, and measurement methodologies to drive engagement. Manage resourcing as well as investment/budget requirements to execute against the channel strategy.
- Develop a robust measurement system that helps to inform priorities and investments.
- Develop the standards and best practices and recommend the best CMS, DAM, asset sourcing and production tools for content creation, distribution, maintenance, repository, repurposing, and reimagining into other assets.
- 8-10 years in editorial, publishing, communications, content marketing and/or related positions.
- Deep knowledge of content and thought leadership best practices, and proven ability to build content strategy tied to commercial objectives.
- Exceptional communication and editing skills with a natural ability to craft compelling stories.
- A digital native who is conversant in all communication channels and understands how content can be used to inspire engagement through integrated PESO planning as well as SEM and SEO.
- Comprehensive understanding of content marketing technology landscape and hands on experience building and implementing within previous organizations.
- Intellectually curious and ambitious, looking around the corner to spot emerging trends that will inform Teneo’s approach to content and stakeholder communications.
- Roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic with a practical approach to bringing creative concepts to life.
- Drives consensus and momentum across multiple teams, including internal and external resources, resulting in overachievement of expectations.
- Highly adaptable, able to quickly learn about new businesses and customer segments.
- Fiscally responsible with experience developing and managing budgets.
- Forward-thinking, with a curious and innovative approach to trying new approaches and an affinity for experimentation.
- Executive presence to inspire confidence with internal and external stakeholders.