Associate, Talent Advisory – Hong Kong
Teneo is a global CEO advisory firm. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100, as well as other global corporations.
Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, diversity & inclusion, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political risk advisory, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
Teneo is seeking an Associate to join the Talent Advisory business, based in Hong Kong.
As an Associate in our Talent Advisory business, you will primarily be involved in research to support our executive search work. The role of research in developing our market intelligence is integral to ensuring our market leadership position. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the team on highly impactful projects and interact with senior executives at some of the region’s most well-known organisations.
In the face of rapid innovation, a highly-competitive landscape, a contentious activist climate and increased scrutiny on boards and company executives, Teneo’s talent advisory experts help clients proactively align business strategy with talent strategy. They work with CEOs and boards to ensure that the right team is in place to bring those strategies to life and create value in the face of relentless short-term pressures.
From August 1, 2021, AWPeople became part of global Teneo Talent Advisory practice. This unique partnership will provide clients immediate access to the world’s leading executive talent in the disciplines that build and protect reputations, together with Teneo’s global CEO advisory services.
AWPeople, founded by Anna Whitlam, is a regional executive search and advisory firm specialising in the discipline of Corporate Affairs, Communications, Investor Relations and Marketing.
In June 2010, AWPeople was founded to provide sustainable talent solutions to clients by leveraging Anna’s wealth of experience in executive search, talent identification and organisational development within the corporate affairs, communications, and marketing disciplines.
Today, AWPeople has an established reputation in Asia-Pacific as the leading executive search firm in the disciplines that impact reputation. Its capabilities in the world of consulting are starting to penetrate the market through word of mouth and referral.
- Participate in the entire lifecycle of the executive search process including market research and analysis, candidate identification, interviews, candidate status calls and candidate meetings.
- Write, review, and edit selected client deliverables such as position specifications, talent maps, candidate reports, and status reports.
- Serve as an expert in the research process including knowledge of research sources, industries and markets, organisational structures, and companies. Utilise publicly available, subscription-based, and proprietary database resources, social media, and other channels.
- Discover innovative ways to identify high potential talent within a given market in addition to staying abreast of market trends, business intelligence, and competitive information.
- Ensure superior candidate and client experience throughout the course of a search/assignment.
- Writing, editing, and formatting of correspondence, including reports and proposals.
Skills & Experience
- An interest in people and the field of human capital.
- Proven customer centric mindset with experience, in a similar role, coordinating executive recruitment/search activities, ideally from a boutique professional services firm.
- Exposure to, or practitioner in corporate affairs, communications or marketing with interest to learn function of executive recruitment/search.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including business correspondence.
- Exposure to the use of CRM and database systems, as well as Microsoft365 suite.
- Outcome focused with a high attention to detail and pride in doing a job well and delivering on commitments.
- A motivated self-starter, who demonstrates initiative, and a hunger to learn and grow.
- Effective time management and organisational skills, with the ability to confidently manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Polished people skills, including a professional telephone manner and ability to interact positively with candidates and clients.
- Experience in a professional services environment, supporting executive recruitment would be ideal, although not essential. We would consider entry level graduates for this role.
- Fluency in in oral and written English is essential. Preference for Chinese language skills.