Teneo has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and energetic Associate Consultant (Account Executive level) looking to embark on a career in financial communications. An Associate Consultant in our team is responsible for providing the highest quality of research and insight to support our advisory offering to our clients.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who is enthusiastic and interested in learning more about how to support companies in their effective engagement with financial audiences to manage risk and maximise opportunities to build their corporate reputation for the long-term. Like us, they’ll be intellectually curious, creative, collaborative and eager to learn.
Financial Communications Consulting at Teneo
In this team of experts everyone is joined up, hands on and plays an integral role on each client. We span industry sectors, working with the leadership (CEO, Chairman, Heads of Communications and Investor Relations) of some of the largest publicly listed and private companies globally, helping to shape company narratives and influence how major corporate news flow lands with key capital markets audiences (investors, buy-side, sell-side analysts and financial media).
We currently represent 20% of the FTSE 100 and our clients include companies as diverse as ArcelorMittal, Balfour Beatty, Croda, Jaguar Land Rover, Kingfisher, London Stock Exchange, NatWest, Richemont and Tesco. Our work is wide-ranging and includes equity story development, financial calendar communications, executive profiling, IPOs, restructurings and M&A transactions, crisis management, media relations and ESG, stewardship and governance issues.
With our clients’ corporate reputation at the heart of our offering and taking an integrated approach to servicing client needs, you will also have the opportunity to work alongside other Teneo teams in Campaigning, Public Affairs, Consulting, and Teneo Intelligence in our London office providing a unique opportunity to expand your skills and experience across various disciplines. You’ll also get the chance to work with colleagues in our international teams from our offices around the world.
In these uncertain times, we help our clients navigate the challenges they face, enabling them to engage constructively and productively with stakeholders and achieve their business objectives for a sustainable and profitable future.
- Client facing, building working relationships with clients, the media and other advisors
- Drafting communications materials (press releases, Q&A, key messages) to support with results and other corporate milestones
- Dealing with the media on behalf of clients, building contact networks
- Proactively highlighting opportunities and potential areas of concern for clients
- Delivering the core requirement of support, research and insight for the client team
- Media monitoring for clients and their competitors, using a variety of inputs and tools, to give wider context and advise on implications
- Monitoring sell-side analyst coverage, share price performance and valuation
- Supporting new business efforts through spotting opportunities, research and preparation of pitch materials
Skills & Experience required
- At Associate Consultant level we typically look for candidates who have six months – four years’ experience and have worked in a similar environment, potentially within a financial communications agency, or in roles related to public relations/investor relations, the capital markets, financial analysis, management consulting or the media.
- Knowledge of and interest in financial communications, investor relations, and capital markets with their relevant different audiences - and how this differs from traditional corporate communications
- Basic knowledge of general business trends and stock markets and interest in current affairs
- Ability to grasp clients’ business objectives and relevant wider industry dynamics
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work proactively and flexibly within a team structure
- Comfortable working under pressure, to tight deadlines and with varied workload
- Highly organised
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Intellectually curious and resilient
About Teneo London
Teneo London advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers.
We’re focused on strategy & communications advisory, working in close partnership with clients to help them address their biggest reputational and business issues. We have four Centres of Excellence – Campaigning, Strategy, Situations & Political and Financial – but just one P&L, so we enjoy all the benefits of integrated working without the politics
We’re an ambitious, global agency who allow candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. If you possess the skills and drive and understand the relationship between trust, reputation and value, this will be the place for you!
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (with company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
- Flexible working with office laptop and phone provided