Damien Murran is a Senior Managing Director with Teneo and leads our restructuring services in Ireland.
Damien has 15 years of restructuring and insolvency experience. He has substantial formal insolvency experience acting as IP and leading large multi-jurisdictional engagements. He has also acted as lead advisor for a number of large complex restructurings, out of court advisory engagements and corporate transactions.
Prior to joining Teneo, Damien was Head of Transaction Advisory Services (‘TAS’) for a top ten global accountancy firm in Ireland. He also spent several years as a Director with a Big 4 accounting firm in Ireland.
Selected Project Experience
- Appointed by the Department of Finance to undertake an expert review and analysis of costs in large international insolvency assignments.
- Lead Restructuring Advisory role for a large aviation group through a US Chapter 11 Restructuring. Par value distressed debt of c. $1.6bn across a syndicate of approximately 16 financial institutions.
- Lead Restructuring Advisory role for an international fund in the acquisition of a deep arrear’s real estate loan portfolio with par value debt of c.€1.3bn.
- Lead Restructuring Advisory role to a borrower group in relation to a post distressed loan sale exit. Par value debt of c. €2.2bn.
- Lead Restructuring Advisory role for an international investment bank on post acquisition distressed debt restructuring options and strategy. Loans had a par value of c. €1.8bn and were secured on a substantial real estate portfolio spanning multiple jurisdictions.
- Director role in completion of commercial loan file reviews at a leading Irish Bank as part of the 2015 Asset Quality Review (AQR) Balance Adequacy Assessment reporting to the Central Bank of Ireland.
Selected Formal Appointments
- Aldo Shoes – appointed Liquidator to Aldo Shoes Ireland Limited. Trading out the stock of the business through its retail stores.
- Norwegian Airlines – appointed General Expert under the Scheme of Arrangement in the Examinership of Norwegian Air.
- CityJet – appointed General Expert under the Scheme of Arrangement in the Examinership of CityJet.
- Blackrock Hospital – appointed Share Receiver over 28% Shareholding in Blackrock Hospital Limited. Blackrock Hospital is one of Ireland’s leading private hospital with annual turnover in excess of €100m.
- Dromoland Castle – appointed Joint Share Receiver over the equitable interest of a substantial shareholding in Dromoland Castle Hotel Limited.
- Acted as Receiver on over 100 real estate appointments by a variety of domestic and international financial institutions.
- Appointed Liquidator by several large multinational groups to support and effect Group rationalisation strategies.