Matthew Mawhinney is a Senior Managing Director with Teneo in London, having joined Teneo as part of its purchase of Deloitte’s UK Restructuring business.
Matt has over 10 years of experience working with stakeholders of financially distressed businesses to develop and implement solutions. He has wide ranging experience across the distressed curve ranging from consensual restructurings, Restructuring Plans and schemes of arrangement to CVAs and other implementation approaches including Pre-packs and trading administrations.
Matt has worked across a number of sectors, in both the UK and globally including Real Estate, Retail, Leisure, Financial Services, Construction, O&G, TMT and Manufacturing. Matt is a qualified accountant and JIEB qualified.
Selected Project Experience
- Project Ruby – Designed and implemented the first financial and operational restructuring of a consumer business using a Part 26A Restructuring Plan.
- Project Crop – Financial Advisor to AHG of Bondholders to support a Scheme of Arrangement.
- Travelodge – Company Voluntary Arrangement and options analysis.
- Project Hawkeye – Company side financial and operational restructuring of a South African Telco.
- Project Mowbray – Company side options analysis for listed services business.
- Doncasters Group – Financial restructuring through Schemes of Arrangement and Pre-packaged administrations.
- Project Pebble – Contingency planning, administration and solvent exit of a student housing portfolio.
- Abraaj Group – Provisional liquidation of the world’s largest emerging markets private equity platform.
- Karen Millen – Prepack transaction and Trading Administration followed by global wind down.
- New Look – Company Voluntary Arrangement.
- Project Empire – Pre-pack administration of property portfolio.
- Paragon Offshore – Contingency planning and options review, followed by pre-packaged sale including continuity of services for a global O&G business.
- Project Sirene – Insolvency outcome to support Scheme of Arrangement.
- Project 25 – Insolvency outcome to support Scheme of Arrangement.
- Project Saturn – Contingency planning and implementation of wind down of a large property portfolio (more than 300 properties).
- 30 St Mary’s Axe – Administration and sale of the Gherkin.
- Project Gemini: PropInvest CMBS Administration – Sale of 28 commercial assets