Marcus Rea is a Senior Managing Director with Teneo in London, having joined Teneo as part of its purchase of Deloitte’s UK Restructuring business.
Marcus heads the Teneo EMEA restructuring services tax network and specialises in providing tax advice on reorganisations and reconstructions, particularly of under-performing companies. He has over 20 years’ experience dealing with bank reviews, refinancing, distressed M&A, insolvencies and corporate simplification assignments across all industries and geographies.
Marcus is the chairman of the tax committee of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals in the UK and regularly liaises with HMRC on policy matters.
Selected Project Experience
- Lead global tax advisor to Kaupthing Bank hf on its portfolio of investment companies throughout Europe.
- Lead tax advisor on the restructuring of c€900m debt of the German headquartered multi-national Bartec group.
- Lead tax advisor on the first major restructuring of a Turkish group in the restructuring of c$5bn debt of OTAS (and its majority stake in Turk Telecom). a
- Lead tax advisor on the restructuring of c£550m third party debt of Doncasters group, involving significant UK and US tax input.
- Company side tax advisor on the chapter 11 restructuring of the $2.5bn of debt of Paragon Offshore plc, an oil rig platform leasing business operating from over 20 countries worldwide. Ongoing lead tax advisor on the transformation of the group’s operating and financing structure.
- Advisor on numerous pan-European / global restructurings, including: Frigoglass, Galapagos, Schaeffler-Continental, hibu, Wind Hellas, Euro Directories, Lonmin, Vivacom, Samos, Quinn Group, Algeco Scotsman, Folli Follie, Waypoint etc.
- Tax advisor on numerous international financial services businesses, including: four Structured Investment Vehicles with liabilities of c$30bn, various second tier investments banks and tertiary lenders, two large insurance businesses,