Lizanne is an Associate Director with Teneo’s Financial Advisory business, having joined Teneo as part of its acquisition of KPMG BVI’s Restructuring business.
Prior to joining Teneo, Lizanne was a Manager in KPMG BVI’s Restructuring team from late 2019. Prior to her role in Restructuring and Deal Advisory, Lizanne was an Audit Manager at KPMG BVI, having joined in 2017. Lizanne’s career started at KPMG South Africa (JHB) in 2013 and she has over 9 years of experience in the Accounting and Financial Advisory field. Lizanne specializes in the Financial Services industry.
Lizanne’s current role entails the management of a portfolio of solvent and insolvent Liquidations, Restructuring and Financial Advisory engagements along with the management of the various engagement teams.
Selected Project Experience
Lizanne has a broad range of audit, tax and financial advisory experience including multi-jurisdictional engagements across financial services:
- Project Manager of the Court appointed liquidation of Three Arrows Capital, a BVI based crypto investment fund focused on the crypto/digital asset space with unsecured claims of c.$3bn. The appointment includes asset tracing and investigations, as well as proceedings in a variety of jurisdictions including Singapore and the US, with further connections to HK, UAE and Seychelles.
- Manager of a Conflict Liquidator appointment over a large number of disputed assets and litigation in various jurisdictions, including Cyprus, London, BVI, Cayman and Russia.
- Lizanne has managed various Members Voluntary Liquidations in the BVI ranging from stand-alone entities to BVI companies within complex group structures and dealing with distributions of assets.
- Case management on various Court appointed and Qualifying Members Resolution appointed liquidations of BVI registered and related entities associated with China, Russia, Cyprus, the UK, the US and other jurisdictions subject to multi-jurisdictional engagements, shareholder/stakeholder disputes, litigation, fraud, asset tracing and other complex matters.
- Case management on various Receivership appointments over BVI assets and related entities to either effect enforcement (by taking control of and selling assets for value) or protect assets in various jurisdictions, pending the resolution of disputes.
- Investigations and asset tracing in the BVI, US, Cyprus, Russia, Middle East, UK, Europe and Asia.
- Cayman Regulator instigated liquidation of a large provider of life and health insurance products. Lizanne’s role includes Proof of Debt investigations, distribution payments review relating to a distribution to over 7,000 creditors and creditor correspondence.
- A post chapter 11 official liquidation of a Cayman Islands’ registered company in the oil and drilling industry. Lizanne held a lead role in the assisting the liquidators with the final distributions and fee applications prior to engagement closure.
- Preparation of BVI tax reviews relating to restructuring transactions as well as BVI economic substance reviews and advisory following the enactment of the Economic Substance (Companies and Limited Partnerships) Act 2018.
- Management of the BVI AML, Internal Audit and Regulatory Compliance portfolio which consists of a variety of multi-jurisdictional engagements.