Jason Robinson is a Managing Director with Teneo in the Cayman Islands, having joined Teneo following its acquisition of KPMG’s Cayman Islands Restructuring business.
Jason has over 15 years of experience assisting clients in the financial services sector, having worked at KPMG in Canada and KPMG in the Cayman Islands. While in the Cayman Islands, he has played a central role in various cross-border restructuring and insolvency matters, involving Cayman domiciled entities with assets and/or recovery actions in a variety of jurisdictions. Jason has been appointed as a provisional and official liquidator by the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands, controller by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority, and acted as a foreign representative as part of Chapter 15 recognition proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court. Jason has also acted as voluntary liquidator to several entities in the Cayman Islands.
Jason is a Chartered Professional Accountant of Canada, qualified insolvency practitioner in the Cayman Islands, and a Fellow of INSOL International.
Selected Project Experience
- Premier Assurance Group SPC Ltd. – Controllership appointment by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority and subsequent court appointment as Provisional Liquidator followed by Official Liquidator of a segregated portfolio company holding an unrestricted class B insurer’s license, offering both unit-linked life insurance and health insurance products.
- Latam Airlines Group S.A. – Appointment as Joint Provisional Liquidator over three financing vehicles of Latam Airlines Group S.A. to facilitate a cross-border restructuring involving a Chapter 11 process in the United States along with concurrent proceedings in Latin America.
- Airspeed Limited – Appointment as Joint Voluntary Liquidator of a Cayman Islands exempted company. The company, along with its subsidiaries, was involved in the leasing of aircrafts.
- Luckin SPVs – Court appointed liquidations of two Cayman Islands partnerships and two BVI companies. The four structures were created as SPVs to hold Class B shares in the Nasdaq listed Luckin Coffee Inc., a technology-driven retail coffee/tea chain operator headquartered in China.
- Greens Holdings – Inspectorship and subsequent Provisional Liquidation followed by Official Liquidation of a company listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong funding the production and sale of heat transfer products through subsidiaries located in multiple jurisdictions.
- Bear Stearns Funds – Official Liquidation of two leveraged investment funds with principal investments in CDOs, CLOs and other asset-backed securities.
- WGF Feeder Fund – Official Liquidation of investment grade wine fund with assets in France.
- Ambow Education Group Limited – Cross-border restructuring of a NYSE-listed holding company in the Cayman Islands funding education services in the PRC via a VIE structure, facilitated by the appointment of Provisional Liquidators in the Cayman Islands and Hong Kong.
- Opus Trinity SPC – Official liquidation of a Cayman Islands Segregated Portfolio Company pursuing recovery actions in the United Arab Emirates and the United States.