Ian Dean is a specialist in solvent liquidations, group reorganisations and exit management/closure projects. He acts as joint liquidator on most UK based solvent liquidations and has over 25 years of experience.
His core role is to assess, advise and implement solvent reconstruction and elimination programmes for UK and multinational clients across all sectors. He works closely with senior stakeholders to identify appropriate risk-based strategies and then implement them.
Ian leads on numerous corporate entity reduction projects and a significant number or private equity transactions, be they for sponsors or portfolio companies. Typically, this is as part of a disposal or restructuring process where a solvent liquidation is used to minimize risk and facilitate the transfer of value in a tax efficient manner.
In recent years, Ian has also worked on various private and retail bank exit projects. Understanding estimated outcomes, communicating this to key stakeholders/regulators and managing potential downsides are key to these projects.
Ian is both an accountant and a qualified insolvency practitioner.
Selected Project Experience:
- Private equity – Collapse and winding up of legacy structures to push value through to investors.
- Project Pearl – Solvent liquidation contingency planning, wind down of client positions and the sale of the trade bank.
- Project Utsire – Advising on the closure of a private bank and the transfer of clients.
- DXC Corporate – Simplification project to reduce the global footprint.
- Barclays/HSBC/Standard Chartered/LBG — Ongoing entity reduction projects returning £bn’s in shareholder value.