Hannah Aynsley is a Managing Director with Teneo’s Financial Advisory business, based in London. She specialises in financial restructuring with a particular focus on complex, multi-stakeholder projects.
Hannah has significant experience across the complex financial restructuring spectrum, including leading IBRs for lenders, corporates and government, cash flow forecasting and modelling, sensitivity analysis, options analysis, contingency planning and stakeholder management. Hannah also has experience with formal and contentious insolvency in both the UK and Australia.
Prior to joining Teneo, Hannah held a senior position in the Special Situations Group at Interpath, formerly KPMG Restructuring.
Selected Project Experience
- Project Brooker – A limited scope IBR on behalf of a syndicate comprised of UK clearing banks and debt funds in relation to a healthcare business.
- Project Anderson – Advising His Majesty’s Government in relation to a transaction proposed by a sport club and the impact on its security, considerations relating to whether or not to consent to the transaction and presenting options.
- Project Bate – Acting as an advisor to Sport England to manage complex situations arising with borrowers who had received financial support under the Sports Survival Package during Covid-19.
- Project Aadland – Company-side role at a P/E backed business to oversee the introduction of robust short-term cash flow forecasting including modelling the impact of cost-out actions.
- Project Pantther – Financial advisor to a UAE sovereign wealth fund in relation to its investment in a large insurance group seeking further funding. Review and challenge of the group’s cash flow forecasts and assumptions, contingency planning support and ongoing ad hoc advice on multiple options proposed by the group.
- Project Ikeda – Advising a shareholder in relation to its challenge to a proposed restructuring plan utilising the cross-class cram down provisions. The scheme was not sanctioned, and the shareholder retained its full stake in the business.
- Project Pier – Advising a lender in relation to a downstream oil and gas business impacted by Covid-19. Performing a business review, cash flow monitoring, contingency planning and providing ad hoc advice throughout enabling the lender to recover its c.£0.5bn exposure in full.
- Project Blackthorn – Advising His Majesty’s Government in relation to a large industrials business seeking financial support as a result of Covid-19. Performing a business review, cash flow monitoring and providing ad hoc advice throughout to enable robust decision making.
- Project Brant – Supporting a British institution with regards to improving its direct and indirect cash flow forecasting and enabling better reporting as a result of significant changes to its headroom due to the impact of Covid-19.
- Project Sage – Advising an activist investor in relation to a Scheme of Arrangement including preparing an expert witness report in relation to the solvency and options available to the Scheme proposer in order to challenge the scheme at the sanction hearing.
- Project Galby – Long-term secondment to the Bank of Cyprus acting as in-house restructuring advisor. Providing expert advice to bank teams across mid and major-corporate to understand and evaluate the strategic options for delinquent borrowers. Recommending and supporting implementation to deliver material NPL reduction.