Glenn Peters is a Senior Managing Director with Teneo’s Financial Advisory business.
Glenn is based in London and specialises in Financial Restructuring with a particular focus on complex, multi-stakeholder projects in a cross-border environment. He has worked on both the debtor and creditor sides of transactions, including for secondary buyers of debt. His expertise includes working across many industry sectors, with particular experience in shipping, oil and gas, infrastructure and renewable energy sectors.
Prior to joining Teneo, Glenn was a Partner at EY Singapore leading the Turnaround and Restructuring practice before which he was a Restructuring Partner in London.
Selected Project Experience
- Project Naga (Vietnam) – Financial advisor to a group of 40 international ECAs / Lenders on the re-profiling of c$4bn debt owed by a large oil refinery. Involved negotiating with the project’s four sponsors a financial support package. Complex debt structure involving 7 project finance facilities each supported by ECA cover provided by a diverse range of international quasi-government institutions.
- Ocean Tankers (Singapore) – Court supervised judicial management of a large shipping group involving 160+ vessels and $3.5bn debt. Implemented controlled wind down via resolution of complex stakeholder disputes.
- TuasOne (Singapore) – Financial advisor to a project company owning a Waste to Energy plant on the restructuring of its EPC contract ($636m), its offtake agreement with the government, and its syndicated debt facilities ($634m).
- Universal Terminal (Singapore) – Resolved a dispute among 14 banks / trading houses, subsequently lead the sale of c$200m of oil to a global trading house.
- Hyflux Limited (Singapore) – Financial advisor to a large infrastructure developer (water desalination) involving the restructuring of c$3bn of bank and bond debt, involving c20 banks and two retail bondholder groups.
- Project Duke (UK) – Advised two European lenders ($300m debt, ECA backed) on the restructuring of a private equity owned oilfield services company.
- Project Ocean (Netherlands) – IBR and financial advisor to a c$250m syndicate of banks on the restructuring of a major FPSO operator (oilfield services) and EPC business.
- Project Abel (Denmark) – Financial advisor to a group of six banks on the restructuring of their c$650m debt owed by a large European shipping group.
- The Investment Dar (Kuwait) – Advisor to the Central Bank of Kuwait regarding the $2bn restructuring of a major Middle East investment house (owner of Aston Martin, a bank and real estate development projects in Middle East and UK).
- Renewable Energy projects (Spain) – Financial advisor on the restructuring of project finance debt owed by various wind and solar farms in Spain.
- Project Lancelot (Russia) – Business review of a Russian auto dealership and auto wholesale business ($500m bank debt).
- Project Eagle (Greece) – Financial advisor to a large ship owner on the restructuring of c$3 billion of debt owed to 20 banks.
- Seatrucks (Nigeria) – c300+ vessel oil field services business. Performed short term cash flow review for the newly installed Board of directors appointed by bondholders ($400m).
- Project Box (UK) – IBR and financial advisor to two UK banks on the restructuring of working capital facilities provided to a listed company in the construction sector.
- Project Fred (Norway) – Advised Lenders and hedge funds on the restructuring and ultimate settlement of debt owed by a listed shipping group.
- Project Phoenix (Denmark) – Business review of a large product tanker operator on behalf of Lenders ($1.8bn debt).