Gemma Edghill is an Assistant Director with Teneo’s Financial Advisory business, based in Leeds. Gemma has over 15 years restructuring and turnaround experience and has also worked in industry for two years operating the accounts function of a £30m turnover bulk haulage business.
Gemma advises the stakeholders of businesses in financial distress and has experience of both advisory and insolvency assignments across a wide range of sectors. Gemma also has experience working in a number of sectors including healthcare, agriculture, haulage and manufacturing.
Select Project Experience
- Project Napoli – Review on behalf of the bank of a multi channel online retailer. Our work was undertaken to review the lender’s position with the Group and likelihood of debts being satisfied.
- Project Percy/Dent Ltd – Three phase review of a pig farming business in Cumbria followed by the appointment of Administrators over the business. The business was traded whilst the herd went through the full growth and sale process, followed by an orderly wind down of the business.
- John Laing – Fixed charge receivership of farms in the Scottish Borders. The farms traded under the supervision of the Deloitte team until such time as a refinance was undertaken to remove the secured creditor.
- Dalbury – Administration of a dairy farm in the Scottish Borders.
- Project Broker – Review of a specialist eyewear manufacturer with 5 own brand opticians across London on behalf of the secured creditor, who was also the main lens supplier to the business. Supported the secured lender in better understanding the financial pressures on the business as a result of poor trading.
- Project Encore – Administration over 6 care homes within 4 separate entities. Traded the homes through to the completion of sales during the Covid-19 national lockdown.