David Soden is a Senior Managing Director with Teneo in London, having joined Teneo as part of its purchase of Deloitte’s UK Restructuring business.
A licensed insolvency practitioner in the UK and Dubai, David has over 17 years’ experience in international insolvency assignments. He works on both formal insolvencies and in advisory capacity, performing complex security/option reviews, asset based insolvency valuations, and advising boards through the zone of insolvency.
At Deloitte, David led the Financial Services restructuring team and has completed a range of engagements in the sector, including no creditor worse off valuations, recovery and resolution plans, solvent wind-downs, confidential contingency planning assignments and formal insolvency. He is also an expert in Structured Finance, having restructured numerous securitisation structures in the aftermath of the GFC.
Prior to Deloitte, David has led the liquidations of Abraaj Investment Management Limited and the Dubai private bank in the Espirito Santo Financial Group, both of which have involved managing a complex group of stakeholders, and resolving disputes across a number of jurisdictions.
David’s experience extends to restructuring and insolvency matters involving the UK and a number of other jurisdictions including Continental Europe, the Middle East and offshore financial centres including Jersey, the British Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands.
David is an active member of the CityUK Recapitalisation Group, and is Chair of the International Office Holders group for the industry body Insol.
Select Project Experience
- Abraaj Investment Management Limited – Financial Services – Liquidator
- Confidential IP in Waiting role for the Bank of England
- ES Bankers (Dubai) Limited – Financial Services – Liquidator
- Banco Popular – Financial Services – SRB NCWO Analysis
- Novo Banco – Financial Services – SRB NCWO Analysis
- Cheyne Finance PLC – Financial Services – SIV Receivership
- Whistlejacket Capital Limited – Financial Services – SIV Receivership
- Paragon Offshore PLC – Oil and Gas – Administration and Chapter 11
- KCA Deutag – Oil and Gas – Scheme Comparator Analysis
- DeepOcean – Oil and Gas – Scheme Comparator Analysis
- Virgin Atlantic – Aviation – Restructuring Plan
- CHC Helicopters – Chapter 11 and Cayman Liquidation
- McLaren Group – Auto and Sport – Board Advisory
- Nordic Aviation Capital – Aviation – Scheme of Arrangement
- Bristow Group – Aviation Contingency Planning and Chapter 11
- Addison Lee Limited – Transportation – Contingency Planning
- NCP Limited – Infrastructure – Contingency Planning
- Eddie Stobart Limited – Logistics – Contingency Planning
- Lecta SA – Manufacturing – Scheme Comparator Analysis
- Codere SA – Betting and Gaming – Scheme Comparator Analysis
- Northants Rockingham Speedway Limited – Real Estate – Administration
- Project Paris – Real Estate – Hotel enforcement strategy