Chris Edwards is a Managing Director with Teneo in the Bristol office, having joined Teneo as part of its purchase of Deloitte’s UK Restructuring business.
Chris leads our the National Debt Advisory practice providing a full service offering for mid-market corporates. Chris helps clients with new debt raises and debt refinancing based on an extensive knowledge of debt structuring and the corporate funding market.
Chris is a Qualified Chartered Accountant, a Member of the Chartered Institute of Securities & Investments, an FCA Approved Person and a Committee Member of the Institute For Turnaround for the SW & Wales Region.
Chris has acted for a variety of stakeholders including High-Street Lenders, Local Authorities, Regional Governments, Private Equity and Boards of various corporates.
Selected Project Experience
Recent Debt Advisory projects:
- £60m refinance for a national pharmaceutical wholesaler.
- £3m refinance of a business recruiting temporary labour into the NHS.
- £13m debt raise for a transport business for the acquisition of new vehicles from a combination of public and private funding.
- Refinancing of a c£20m facility for a substantial logistics business via an independent ABL and a debt fund.
- C£10m refinance of a confectionary wholesaler, via a combination of invoice discounting and inventory funding.
- £2m debt raise for a subsea oil and gas contractor, through a specialist asset finance facility.
- £1m refinance for a chain of hotel and leisure assets, through a specialist peer-to-peer platform.
Other assignments include:
- Advice on South West automotive dealer group for Lloyds.
- Advice on chain of care homes for Cornwall Council.
- Start-up automotive manufacturer for Welsh Government.
- Closure of automotive manufacturing facility for Japanese client.
- Financial restructuring of National Food & Beverage business.
- Advice on a distressed group of care homes.
- Employer covenant review of distressed furniture manufacturer.