Brandon D. Smith is a Senior Managing Director with Teneo’s Financial Advisory business, based in Houston. He has more than twenty-five years of experience leading financial and operational restructuring matters, often in an interim management capacity, while providing clients with key forecasting and diligence insight.
As an advisor, Brandon works on both company and lender-side assignments, bringing an informed point of view to each. He has a demonstrated history of helping clients address key financial issues in areas including, but not limited to, financial reporting, financial and operational restructuring, due diligence, short- and long-term financial forecasting, capital structures and covenant development and project management.
He has been retained as Chief Financial Officer or Chief Restructuring Officer on multiple occasions and has been a crucial member of numerous CRO execution teams during in- and out-of-court proceedings. Brandon has significant experience leading negotiations with lenders, overseeing effective operational and reporting integrations, securing constituent agreement on plans for reorganization and managing complex dispositions of assets in and out of Chapter 11.
Brandon collaborates closely with various stakeholders as needed, which could include Boards of Directors, lenders, legal advisors and corporate management, to develop cash flow forecast methodologies, manage the disposition of key assets, oversee operation and financing of corporate functions, develop and secure approval for Plans of Reorganization and to manage potential risk exposure.
Prior to joining Teneo, Brandon served as a Managing Director with Ernst & Young. He also held partnership- and senior-level positions with CR3 Partners, Deloitte and FTI.
Brandon earned his M.B.A. from Rice University and a B.S., summa cum laude, from Louisiana State University. He is a Certified Turnaround Professional. He also holds memberships in the Turnaround Management Association and the Association for Corporate Growth.
Selected Engagement Experience
- Financial advisor to the secured lender for a $1 billion OFS cementing and fracturing concern during a freefall Ch. 11 process.
- Advisor to a distressed $200 million OCTG value-added pipe distributor through a successful out-of-court restructuring.
- Advisor to a $200 million publicly traded EPC firm during a successful out-of-court restructuring resulting in no equity dilution.
- Advisor to the senior lenders for an on-shore E&P concern during a Chapter 11 process.
- Advisor to a $300 million OFS company during a Ch. 15 process.
- Advisor to a group in the acquisition of a $1 billion mining company operating in Chapter 11.
- Advisor to a $2 billion metals processing company during Chapter 11, regarding operational improvements, asset divestitures and ultimately the formulation of the plan of reorganization.