Ashok Patel is a Director in our financial advisory practice advising public and private companies on capital raising transactions across a broad range of sectors.
Ashok has over 15 years’ experience across a wide variety of leveraged finance instruments from senior loans to hybrid equity. He has built relationships across clearing banks, direct lenders, special situation investors and asset based lenders through developing tailored financing solutions for his clients.
Ashok also works with businesses and lenders on managing their existing debt facilities including covenant resets and facility amendments. Prior to joining Deloitte, Ashok was a director in Canaccord Genuity’s and its predecessor firm Hawkpoint Partners’ debt advisory and restructuring practice. Ashok holds a BCom, LLB from the University of Auckland.
Selected Project Experience
- Advising a global industrial products business on its $345m debt refinancing.
- Advising a global insurance company on financial structuring of third party debt obligations.
- Advising a UK housebuilder with £170m debt facility on its strategic options and refinancing negotiations.
- Refinancing of an Irish and UK petrol retailer (c. £65m).
- Refinancing of a property investment and development business (c. £50m).
- Refinancing of an international infrastructure and business services group (c. £160m).
- Refinancing of a multinational logistics, supply chain, manufacturing and consultancy company, asset backed facilities (c. £85m).
- Raising debt and equity finance for a sub prime motor finance provider (c. £80m).