Candidate Privacy Notice
What is the purpose of this document?
Teneo Strategy Limited (“Teneo”) is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. You are being sent a copy of this privacy notice because you are applying for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be collected, used and disclosed for the purposes of recruitment as well as your rights in respect of your personal data.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
The kind of information we hold about you
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store, a range of information about you, including:
- Your name, address and contact details including email and phone number.
- Information you have included in your CV, application form or covering letter.
- Details of your qualifications skills, experience and employment history.
- Information about your current level of remuneration and benefits.
- Information about your entitlement to work in the UK.
We may collect this information in a variety of ways, for example data may be contained in CVs or application forms, from a recruitment agency or LinkedIn, collected through interviews or other assessments or obtained from your passport or identity documents.
We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. We will only seek such information once a job offer has been made to you.
How we will use information about you
We have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing your data for the purposes of carrying out our application and recruitment processes, which includes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role;
- Communicating with you about the recruitment process and your application
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks
In some cases, we may need to process data to ensure that we are complying with our legal obligations. For example, we are required to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
If you do not provide personal information
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to us during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications, work history and satisfactory references), we will not be able to process your application.
Who has access to personal data
- Your information may be shared internally within the company for the purposes of the recruitment process. This includes members of the HR team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process and managers in the relevant business area.
- We may share your information with other companies within the Teneo group if, for example the role and or hiring managers are located outside of the EEA or you are applying for a senior management position. We will make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal data.
- Your information may be shared with a recruitment agency or search consultancy with whom you have registered or instructed to feedback on interviews or process your application or the contacts you have nominated as your referees.
- Your information may be shared with a third party provider of skills, aptitude or psychometric testing used in the selection process or a third party provider of recruitment software. Any third party provider will be acting under our instructions and will process your personal data for the purposes set out in this Notice and in accordance with our instructions. Any third party provider will be required to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your personal information in line with our policies.
- Graduate Entry: If you have made an application to our graduate scheme we may share your information with a third party service provider who acts on our behalf to assist with our graduate recruitment. Any third party provider will be acting under our instructions and will process your personal data for the purposes set out in this Notice and in accordance with our instructions. Any third party provider will be required to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your personal information in line with our policies.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost or destroyed, misused or disclosed and is not accessed except by our personnel in the proper performance of their duties.
How long will you keep my information for?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, we will keep your data 3 years after we have informed you that your application was unsuccessful. We keep your data for this period so that we can show that the recruitment process has been conducted in a fair and transparent way. We also retain your personal data so that we can notify you of future job opportunities if they arise. At the end of this period, we will securely destroy your personal data.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data collected during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. Further details on this are provided in the Employee Privacy Notice.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it
- Object to processing of your personal information where there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact Lonfirstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact a Teneo Recruitment Coordinator at Lonemail@example.com
If you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights, you may make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues
Last updated: 18 February 2019