Sandy Duncan is a Senior Managing Director in Teneo’s Performance Improvement team in London, having joined Teneo as part of its purchase of Deloitte’s UK Restructuring business.
Prior to the acquisition, Sandy was a Partner within Deloitte’s Value Creation Services team advising companies undergoing a turnaround or transformation, utilising a blend of his experience across operational and financial restructuring. He also led the team’s Automotive sector group and is a regular presenter on the subject to external bodies such as the SMMT and Institute for Turnaround.
Sandy has over 17 years of experience providing hands on support for executive management teams across a wide range of sectors, covering financial restructuring, short term cash flow work, working capital optimization as well as operational restructuring, including cost reduction, carve-outs and wind-downs.
He also spent 2 years as the Chief of Staff for the Deloitte Global Financial Advisory leader in an operational role within Deloitte with responsibilities across strategy development, M&A support, finance and HR and in the process developing strong project management skills.
Selected Recent Project Experience
- Hands on support to Capita, a FTSE 250 listed business, to improve short /medium term cash forecasting, monitoring and reporting (including KPIs) to drive a sustainable £130m year-end cash improvement and develop cash management capability within the business.
- Assisting Honda prepare for announcement to close 2 factories in Europe (one based in the UK) supporting with wind down planning and now currently implementing the closures.
- Leading Brexit planning for European headquarters of a global Automotive OEM and targeted supply chain review.
- Advising McLaren Automotive on cash flows and financing options. Supported the company in negotiations with its lenders and bondholders as it parallel tracked multiple financing solutions, resulting in a £150m equity injection from an existing lender
- Leading project for BT plc to restructure its Global Services business by carving out their global and domestic business across Europe and Latin America. Work involved helping client to define the initial perimeter of each separation, the associated financial impact, and implementation planning in each geography leading to successful disposals.