Simon Harrison is a Managing Director with Teneo in London, having joined Teneo as part of its purchase of Deloitte’s UK Restructuring business.
Prior to the acquisition, Simon was a Director in the Special Situations M&A team at Deloitte and has c.20 years corporate finance experience advising on a wide range of corporate and financial investor disposals, acquisitions and capital raisings.
Simon specialises in advising clients on selling and buying stressed and distressed businesses in complex, challenging and/or time sensitive circumstances.
His experience of both Special Situations and mainstream M&A enables him to deliver successful M&A outcomes via navigating a range of financial, legal and operational challenges, while also managing the different demands of relevant stakeholders. Many processes incorporate Lenders as key stakeholders.
As part of his work, Simon has developed deep and extensive knowledge and relationships with the special situations investor and turnaround investor community in the UK.
Selected Project Experience
- Disposal of Topshop, Topman & Miss Selfridge businesses to ASOS
- Disposal of Dorothy Perkins, Burtons, Wallis businesses to boohoo
- Disposal of Evans business to City Chic Collective
- Disposal of Picsolve to PomVom
- Disposal of Adelie Foods brands to Samworth Brothers
- Disposal of the business & assets of Wright Group Limited (t/a Wrightbus
- Disposal of Endeavour Energy UK Limited to Waldorf Production
- Sale of Akari Care to Carlyle Special Situations Fund (via equity & debt sale)
- Disposal of 3 fostering businesses for Acorn Care and Education
- Disposal of NWR Karbonia S.A to Prairie Mining
- Project Cairo – AMA strategy options of a leading UK shoe retailer
- Project Spur – AMA strategy options for a UK energy supplier
- M&A Strategy options for UK/European CMM business of Nikon Metrology