Scott Lyman is a Managing Director with Teneo’s Financial Advisory business, based in New York. With his unique combination of finance, strategy, restructuring and consulting experience, Scott has helped guide companies through numerous complex financial and operational turnarounds.
Scott focuses on interim management, liquidity forecasting and management, business plan development and review, cost reduction identification and implementation, balance sheet restructurings and post-merger integration. He has extensive experience advising companies and lenders in out-of-court restructurings and bankruptcy proceedings and has developed strong public and private company relationships in the automotive, financial services, paper and plastics, insurance, real estate/construction, retail and telecommunications sectors, among others.
Scott’s transaction advisory services experience includes representing the interests of issuers, underwriters, guarantors and lenders. He has advised initial purchasers of new asset-backed securitizations in connection with due diligence, preparation/analysis of cash flows and performance of agreed upon procedures relating to offering/marketing materials.
Scott also has significant experience with key financial, economic and accounting aspects of business disputes and forensic investigations, including preferential transfers and fraudulent conveyance actions, reasonably equivalent value and solvency analyses, accounting malpractice claims and liability issues, and forensic analysis and asset tracing.
Prior to joining Teneo, Scott was a Director in Kroll’s (f/k/a Duff & Phelps) Global Restructuring Practice, a Senior Vice President at Mesirow Financial Consulting LLC and a Director in the Corporate Finance division of FTI Consulting, Inc.
Selected Project Experience
- Stanadyne LLC – Financial Advisor to the Company.
- TRX Holdco – Financial Advisor to the Company.
- RGN-Group Holdings, LLC – Financial Advisor to the Responsible Officer.
- Purdue Pharma LP – Financial Advisor to the United States Department of Justice.
- Legal Sea Foods – Financial Advisor to the Company.
- Patriot National, Inc. – Financial Advisor to the CRO.
- Corporate Resource Services Inc. – Financial Accountant to the Chapter 11 Trustee.
- TS Employment Inc. – Financial Accountant to the Chapter 11 Trustee.
- Lehman Brothers Holding Inc. – Financial Advisor to the UCC.
- Sbarro, LLC – Financial Advisor to the UCC.
- SavientPharmaceuticals, Inc. – Financial Advisor to the UCC.
- SyncoraHoldings, Ltd. – Financial Advisor to the Credit Default Swap Counterparties.
- Pope & Talbot Inc. – Financial Advisor to the Company.
- Residential Capital, LLC – Financial Advisor to the Company.
- Delphi Automotive – Financial Advisor to the Company.