Mihir Kamdar is a Director with Teneo’s Financial Advisory practice in the Middle East, having joined Teneo in May 2022 from PwC where he was a Director in their Business Restructuring Services team.
Prior to Teneo, Mihir had been with PwC Middle East for over 8 years and has worked on some of the most iconic restructuring projects in the region. Mihir was instrumental in growing PwC’s restructuring footprint in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, having spent around 3 years focusing on KSA across regions, working for both lenders and companies.
Mihir is a graduate of the Indian School of Business and a Chartered Accountant (ICAI).
Selected Project Experience
Mihir focuses on advising both Lenders and Companies in underperforming or stressed situations. He has been involved in a wide variety of complex engagements, ranging from business plan reviews and liquidity management to liquidation analysis and bankruptcy-related work. Mihir has been in the region for over 8 years having focused on the UAE and KSA.
Some of Mihir’s key projects include:
- Al Jaber – lender side advisory for a restructuring of c.$8bn of debt across 25+ creditors;
- DryDocksWorld – a restructuring process which saw US$2.2bn of debt restructured as part of a landmark, custom-built Decree 57 insolvency process in the UAE;
- Leading contracting company in KSA – established a cash management process and developed a Group-wide cash forecast;
- Saudi Arabian Amiantit Company – Company side advisor leading a restructuring of c. SAR 1.2bn of debt across 7 local banks;
- AmlakFinance – debt restructuring of c.$2.5bn of debt, with post restructuring monitoring involving cash sweeps and debt auctions;
- Drake & Scull – one of the UAE’s largest construction companies, where he advised the Group on its options and then assisted in its preparation for restructuring; and
- Al Futtaim Carillion – developing a bottom-up cash flow forecast and supported liquidity management efforts.