Martin Drummond is a Senior Managing Director who leads Teneo’s Valuation Advisory Services practice from London. He has more than 25 years of valuation experience across all sectors and industries.
Martin has extensive experience providing valuation advice to blue-chip corporates, private equity, and high net worth individuals, often in relation to complex multi-$bn transactions. The type of advice he provides includes:
- Valuations on behalf of lenders, companies and trustees for financial restructuring purposes;
- Fairness opinions and other commercial merger and acquisition related valuations;
- Financial reporting valuations and opinions, including Business Combinations (IFRS 3/AC805/FRS 102) and impairment testing;
- Tax related valuations, including share option related advice;
- Portfolio and other investment fair value reporting for venture capital, infrastructure funds and private equity;
- Reports in cases of expert witness, disputes and determination.
Prior to joining Teneo, Martin was a Managing Director in the Valuation Services team at Alvarez and Marsal. He also has over 20 years of Big 4 valuation experience, previously working with EY Transaction Advisory Services and KPMG Corporate Finance. He is a qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Tax and has a 2:1 LLB law degree from the University of Warwick.
Martin has also published a number of articles on valuations for restructuring purposes, the most recent of which related to the practical valuation considerations of the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020, which was published in Legal500 in April 2021.