Kate Rosie is a Director with Teneo, having joined Teneo as part of its purchase of Deloitte’s UK Restructuring business.
Kate is Regional Leader of the Corporate Simplification national team covering both the North West and North East, Scotland, the Midlands and South West, and has over 18 years of restructuring experience.
She advises clients of all sizes across all sectors on simplifying their group structures. This includes restructuring, winding down and exiting businesses, ultimately eliminating companies by means of strike off or members’ voluntary liquidation (“MVL”). Using her extensive expertise and experience in undertaking due diligence, project management and tax, accounting and legal knowledge, she work with clients to understand and deliver their optimal group structures.
Selected Project Experience
- Simplification of the UK group of a global steel manufacturer, including consideration of the high volume of employee claims arising in the companies.
- Successful managed exit and solvent wind down of a national garden centre group, returning capital back to the investors in a tax efficient manner.
- Solvent wind up of a private property group for a high net wealth family. Detailed project management including liaison with both the tax and legal advisors to deal with the wind down of the group and the distribution of assets to the individual shareholders.
- Group restructuring for a Swedish global hygiene group, resulting in the liquidation of an entity in a very short timescale and the subsequent distribution to shareholders of over £400million.
- Advising on the transfer of the trade and assets of a national legal firm from a limited company to an LLP and the subsequent wind down and elimination of the company.
- Large scale legal entity reduction project for a major communications group.
- Advising a Council based in the North West on the transfer of its subsidiary’s property portfolio up to the Council, followed by the wind down and subsequent solvent liquidation of that company.
- Working with an international metal producer to successful implement a strategy to deal with the large number of employee claims they had received in a number of subsidiary companies, which included negotiations with insurers, solicitors and the FSCS.