Jessica Outlaw is a Managing Director with Teneo’s Financial Advisory business, based in Salt Lake City.
Jessica has over 15 years of experience serving as an advisor to the CFO office and in-interim CFO, Controller and Treasurer roles. She has a diverse accounting, finance and consulting background. Her experience includes interim management roles, turnarounds and restructurings, working capital improvement, due diligence, and treasury and cash management across a broad range of industries.
Prior to Teneo, Jessica was a Senior Director at EY-Parthenon, where she was in their restructuring advisory services group. She has also worked in the financial advisory group for AlixPartners. Prior to that, she was a Manager in the assurance group at Deloitte.
Jessica received her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting from the University of Arizona. She is a Certified Public Accountant.
Selected Project Experience:
- Served as the Interim CFO to a fast-growing retail consulting firm recently acquired by a private equity firm, assisting with various accounting and finance transformation initiatives.
- Interim Global Controller of a $400M software company with over 30 direct reports. Responsible for monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting, audit readiness and lender reporting. Finance transformation initiatives included shortened month-end close process, improved U.S. GAAP compliant financial modeling and a streamlined account reconciliation process across seven international regions.
- Provided Office of the CFO services to a private equity-owned special effects company, which included developing a three-statement model, improving their revenue recognition and month-end close processes, as well as converting their accounting basis from cash to accrual.
- Interim Treasurer of a distressed global events, media, and technology company. Over the course of 19 months, developed and managed the company’s 13-week cash forecast and worked closely with the company’s lenders, Ares and Golub, to provide lender reporting and transaction due diligence.
- Interim Treasurer of a distressed private equity-owned fireplace manufacturer, which included managing cash flow and debt borrowings and assisting with the implementation of numerous cost-reduction initiatives.