Jarek Golebiowski is a Senior Managing Director with Teneo in London, having joined Teneo as part of its purchase of Deloitte’s UK Restructuring business.
Jarek focuses on providing advice to companies facing financial and operational challenges who need to restructure their finances and turnaround performance. He has over 20 years of restructuring experience, gained across different sectors and geographies.
Jarek has led a number of complex restructurings and has developed a strong reputation for providing robust Board level advice as well as ‘hands on’ situational support to CEOs and CFOs, driving restructuring processes, leading negotiations and managing complex stakeholder groups.
Selected Project Experience
- Financial adviser to South African telecommunications company on its $1bn+ debt restructuring – ongoing
- Board adviser during an €800m debt restructuring of a Dutch retailer
- Corporate Restructuring Adviser to a JSE listed international engineering group leading strategic review resulting in a core/non-core split of the business, divestment of over 15 Business Units, securing additional short-term funding, renegotiation of c.$200m of banking (and $1bn of bonding) facilities, restructure of c.$200m convertible bond, successful Rights Issue and turnaround interventions
- Financial adviser to a Central European power generation company and its UK based PE owner on amendment of €120m of debt facilities
- Restructuring adviser on a successful consensual restructure and sale of a Hungarian shopping centre with over €300m of debt held in a complex 13-tiered structure with a syndicate of international lenders
- Company adviser on a £100m restructuring of a UK regional airport
- Financial adviser to a UK based property developer in relation to a complex restructuring of over £250m of debt
- Led Deloitte team supporting Towergate during its £1bn restructuring, which included business planning, liquidity management and contingency planning
- Led Deloitte team supporting management of KCA Deutag, through a $2.0bn refinancing process, developing a turnaround plan for an underperforming subsidiary and rolling out a global programme to improve cash management and forecasting processes, which released over $40m of liquidity over a 2 month period
- Led Deloitte’s team supporting the management of Drydocks World in developing a bottom-up turnaround plan to address significant contract underperformance issues and provide a platform for negotiations with a $2.2bn syndicate of lenders
- Restructuring adviser to a number of PE backed companies across: food production, consumer products, retail, media, data centres, software, financial services