Ian Wormleighton is a Senior Managing Director with Teneo in London, having joined Teneo as part of its purchase of Deloitte’s UK Restructuring business.
Prior to the acquisition, Ian led Deloitte’s “Big Ticket” practice which provides restructuring and insolvency advice in relation to large, complex and typically cross border situations.
Ian has worked in the sector for 20 years and acts for corporates, lenders and other stakeholders in both and advisory and insolvency capacity. He is particularly well regarded in the market for complex contingency planning and cross border insolvency situations.
Ian is a Chartered Accountant and qualified UK and DIFC insolvency practitioner. Ian has extensive restructuring experience across many sectors including Energy & Resources, Airlines, Hotels & Real Estate, Financial Services & Retail.
Selected Project Experience
- Travelodge – CVA to temporarily reduce rents across 560 site portfolio
- Monsoon Accessorise – CVA and restructuring of capital structure
- ED&F Man – Advised lenders on $1.53bn restructuring of debt and injection including consideration of contingency options
- Virgin Atlantic – Advised lenders in complex multi-stakeholder restructuring
- Cartrawler – advised AHG and wider lender group in relation to restructuring and exit via M&A
- Innovation Group – financial advisor to lenders delivering lender led restructuring
- Nets A/S – Advisor to Nets A/S and its private equity sponsors during the restructuring negotiations and eventual administration of Thomas Cook plc
- Interserve Plc – Advisor to the surety bonding providers of Interserve plc, a £3 billion turnover services/contracting group
- Strategic options review for the bondholders (led by three special situations funds) of New World Resources plc, a leading European natural resources group
- Led Deloitte team supporting Towergate during its £1bn restructuring, which included business planning, liquidity management and contingency planning
- Arcadia – Administrator and CVA supervisor delivering large leasehold restructuring
- Abraaj Investment Management Limited – Financial Services – Liquidator
- DeepOcean – Oil and Gas – Scheme Comparator Analysis
- Addison Lee Limited – Transportation – Contingency Planning
- Codere SA – Betting and Gaming – Scheme Comparator Analysis
- Game group (Acquisition support out of insolvency)
- NCP (Corporate advisory mandate)
- R&L Pubs (Administration of 207 tenanted pub chain)
- Wind Hellas (Contingency planning, telecoms)
- Golden Key Limited (Receivership, $2bn SIV)
- Setanta Sports (Corporate advisory and administration)