Daniel Smith is a Senior Managing Director with Teneo in Manchester, having joined Teneo as part of its purchase of Deloitte’s UK Restructuring business.
Prior to the acquisition, Dan had been a Deloitte partner since 2012. He has over 25 years experience in the restructuring arena and has worked across a broad range of sectors including manufacturing, consumer products, retail, real estate and hospitality & leisure.
Dan typically works with corporate clients which are experiencing some form of underperformance or financial stress. Dan is experienced in crisis management, stakeholder management, developing and reviewing business plans and financial models, financial restructuring, M&A in stressed environments and administration/insolvency.
Dan also spent 12 months on secondment to a Working Capital Consultancy implementing working capital process change programs for large corporates.
Selected Project Experience
- Project Island – Cash and working capital/crisis stabilisation/facility restructure for £600M t/o on-line fashion retailer.
- Project Sherwood – Cash and working capital/crisis stabilisation/business planning/facility restructure for 150 store UK retailer.
- Project Romeo – Various advisory review/turnaround phases for large listed non-food manufacturer supplying to UK retail.
- Project Plug – Bank advisory role re distressed bathroom retailer.
- Project Rose – Various advisory roles for national plant hire and rental business.
- Project Kirk – Business plan/forecast review for 50 store homeware retailer.
- Project Phoenix – Buy side support for acquisition of distressed UK homeware retailer.
- Lead administrator of American Golf – 120 store golf retailer. Accelerated M&A process followed by sale to private equity (via a pre-pack).