Bethany is an expert in leading global teams and campaigns, having acted in a variety of senior corporate communications roles.
She has more than 25 years of experience creating and driving communications programs for the world’s most visible financial, corporate and media brands, with a particular expertise in reputation and issues management and developing communications functions.
Bethany was most recently a Partner at the global advisory firm, Brunswick Group, where she led strategic corporate client engagements and account teams for major clients in the financial services, gaming, and luxury sectors and participated in business development and marketing initiatives.
Previously, Bethany served as the Chief Communications Officer for Dow Jones/The Wall Street Journal. As the company’s first CCO, Bethany built a centralized, global communications function for Dow Jones’ portfolio, which included: The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, The Wall Street Journal Magazine, Dow Jones Newswires and Factiva.
Prior to Dow Jones/The Wall Street Journal, Bethany held the title of Senior Vice President of Global Communications at NASDAQ OMX. During her tenure, Bethany was a part of the integral team in leading NASDAQ OMX’s transformation from a U.S. market to a global exchange and led communications during the financial crisis of 2008.
Bethany holds a B.A. from Boston College. She serves on the board of Spence-Chapin Services to Families and Children.
Related Service Areas
- Corporate Affairs Function Transformation
- Employee Engagement & Change Management
- M&A, IPO, Bankruptcy & Restructuring
- Strategy & Communications Advisory
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Member, Spence-Chapin Services to Families and Children
- Former Member, Financial Women’s Association Marketing Committee
- Former Officer, Dow Jones Foundation
- Former Steering Committee Member, Association for a Better New York