Andrew Shailer is a Director with Teneo’s Financial Advisory business, based in Bermuda. Andrew has over 20 years of experience leading complex restructuring engagements.
Andrew specialises in cross-border restructuring engagements and has an impressive track record of extracting value from complex and difficulty situations. He has worked across all sectors, with a focus on (re)insurance and funds.
Andrew joined Teneo as part of its acquisition of KPMG’s Bermuda Restructuring team. While at KPMG, Andrew completed long term secondments to the KPMG UK restructuring teams in Manchester and London, working across the spectrum of restructuring/insolvency disciplines and across sectors, before returning to Bermuda and is now part of the Teneo leadership team.
Andrew has experience planning and implementing schemes of arrangement, and leading compulsory liquidations of insurance companies, mutual funds, and a range of retail businesses. Andrew has also led receivership appointments in the commercial real estate and hospitality sectors.
Selected Project Experience:
- Multiple investigations of Bermuda regulated entities on behalf of the Bermuda Monetary Authority.
- Vesttoo Alpha P&C Ltd. – Liquidation of a segregated accounts insurance company.
- VL Assurance (Bermuda) Ltd – Liquidation of a segregated accounts life insurance company which was the victim of a major fraud. This engagement involved recognition under Chapter 15 of the US Bankruptcy Code, and recognition by the Singapore and Hong Kong Courts.
- Secondment to the Bermuda Monetary Authority – Led supervisory investigation into a major (re)insurance group, including joint onsite at the group’s US headquarters with the NY Department of Financial Services.
- Secondment to the UK Prudential Regulatory Authority (“PRA”) – Seconded as an insurance supervisor in the PRA’s run-off team, tasked with review of all proposed schemes of arrangement in the insurance sector.
- British Steamship Protection and Indemnity Association – Liquidation of a Bermuda-based P&I Insurer.