Teneo Announces Appointment of Senior Advisors
Teneo, the global CEO advisory firm, today announced the appointment of 5 prominent Senior Advisors in their New York and London offices.
- Ginni Rometty (New York) Ginni became Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of IBM in 2012 and retired form the company as Executive Chairman on December 31, 2020. Ginni is a leader, innovator, and convener who believes in changing the way we do business to create equitable and inclusive workforces, advocating for companies to act as responsible stewards in creating a better tomorrow, and mentoring the next generation of leaders. During her tenure at she made bold changes to reposition IBM for the future, investing in high value segments of the IT market and optimizing the company’s portfolio. Under Ginni’s leadership, IBM built out key capabilities in hybrid cloud, security, quantum computing, industry expertise, and data and AI, both organically and through acquisition. IBM acquired 65 companies during Ginni’s tenure as CEO, including Red Hat, the largest acquisition in the company’s history. She reinvented more than 50 percent of IBM’s portfolio, built a $21 billion hybrid cloud business and established IBM’s leadership in AI, quantum computing and blockchain, while divesting nearly $10 billion in annual revenue to focus the portfolio on IBM’s high-value, integrated offerings.
- Van Jones (New York) – Van is a highly respected political commentator, Emmy Award-winning producer, and a New York Times best-selling author. Van has also found success as a social entrepreneur, having founded and led many thriving enterprises including the REFORM Alliance, Color of Change, the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights and the Dream Corps. In 2009, as the Green Jobs Advisor to the Obama White House, Jones oversaw an $80 billion dollar investment in clean energy jobs. Jones has also stewarded several bipartisan legislative and advocacy efforts. Jones has won numerous awards including Rolling Stone’s 2012 “12 Leaders Who Get Things Done”, TIME’s 2009 “100 Most Influential People in The World”, the 2010 NAACP Image Award, a 2017 WEBBY Special Achievement Award, a 2019 Lumiere Award and a 2020 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Original Interactive Program.
- Gaby Sulzberger (New York) – Gaby currently serves as a strategic advisor to TwoSigma Impact, a New York based private equity fund. She is a seasoned financial executive with over 30 years of experience assisting public and privately held companies in consumer products, retail, financial services and life sciences. Gaby has helped companies globally navigate disruption and transformation, execution of major M&A transactions, and engagement with shareholder activists. She brings deep corporate governance experience through her work with corporate boards and is qualified to serve on audit committees as a financial expert.Until August of 2017, Gaby served as Chairman of the Board of Whole Foods. She currently serves on the boards of MasterCard and several other companies.
- Sir Oliver Letwin (London) – Sir Oliver was UK Minister for Government Policy in the Cabinet Office from 2010 to 2016 and Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster from 2014 to 2016. During his time in government, he also chaired the Home Affairs Committee and a range of other cabinet committees, acted as Minister for National Resilience, and was a member of the National Security Council. Sir Oliver was elected to the UK Parliament in 1997 as MP for West Dorset. He is currently a Vice President of the Great Britain-China Centre, in addition to a number of other roles.
- Russell Chambers (London) – Russell has been an investment banker advising boards and management teams on strategy and capital raising for over 35 years - as a senior Managing Director with Merrill Lynch, Investec and UBS. He also acted as the CEO of Credit Suisse’s U.K. business in the late 2000’s and then took a Senior Advisory role with CS until stepping down in 2020. Russell has had broad exposure to a range of industrial sectors and has a very strong track record of successfully taking a significant number of businesses public.