Maurizio Montesi is a Senior Managing Director with Teneo’s Financial Advisory business in the firm’s London office.
Maurizio has over two decades of restructuring experience across a variety of sectors including construction, shipping, energy, retail and manufacturing. Maurizio has advised companies and their stakeholders in complex transactions across a number of jurisdictions and has significant experience in debt financing, liability management, bonds restructuring and distressed M&A.
Maurizio joins Teneo from EY. Prior to that, he was an investment banker at Evercore, Lazard and Lehman Brothers, working in London, New York and Milan.
Maurizio graduated with honors from Bocconi University.
Selected Project Experience
- PPP Etlik: €1.3bn project finance debt restructuring for an Italian/Turkish project company, including a restructuring of the project concession agreement cashflows and long-term swap instruments
- Pacific Exploration: advisor to the steering committee of unsecured bondholders on US$5.4bn debt restructuring and US$500m DIP note financing
- Bibby Offshore UK: advisor to the company on its £175m listed bonds restructuring, with a debt for equity swap implemented via an English Scheme of Arrangement
- TORM: advisor to the coordinating committee of the senior lenders on US1.8bn restructuring of senior debt and charter-in contracts
- Mercator: advisor the company on its €1.1bn financial restructuring; further advised the company on various subsequent new money financings
- Eitzen Chemical: advisor to the company on US$980m debt restructuring comprising of bank debt and NOK bonds
- Advisor to Oaktree on US$1.7bn distressed acquisition of TORM
- Advisor to the coordinating committee of a leading private shipping diversified company on US$1.4bn debt restructuring across 15 different facilities