Blanche Zelmanovich has over twenty years of experience advising debtors, creditors and other parties in interest on bankruptcy, restructuring and litigation related matters across the globe. She also has extensive experience in litigation and restructuring matters both in-court and out-of-court including financial and operational turnarounds, insolvency, transaction due diligence, fraud and forensic investigations.
Blanche has advised clients on a variety of matters including liquidity management and forecasting, business plan development, strategic alternative analysis, lender and stakeholder communications and negotiations, internal controls and statutory reporting requirements as well as the marketing of companies for sale. Throughout her career she has been sought out for various litigation and fraud matters involving accounting fraud (including financial restatements), financial mismanagement, misappropriation of funds and other litigation matters.
Blanche was recognized as an American Bankruptcy Institute 40 Under 40 Honoree in the inaugural class. She is a member of the International Board of the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) and is a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA).
Blanche received a Master of Accounting and Financial Management, summa cum laude, from the Keller Graduate School of Management at DeVry University. She also holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance, cum laude, from Drexel University.
Selected Project Experience
- BJ Services, Inc. – Financial advisor (FA) to the secured lenders
- Aegean Marine Petroleum – FA to the debtor
- Choxi.com, Inc. – FA to the debtor and the official committee of unsecured creditors
- Christensen Yachts, Ltd. – Strategic advisor to the company
- Mineral Park Mine – FA to the secured lenders
- TOUSA, Inc. – FA to the debtor
- Global Container Terminals – FA to the secured lenders
- Manufacturer of Carpet Backing Materials – FA to the Secured Lenders
- Metromedia International Group Inc. – Strategic advisor to the company
- Krispy Kreme – Strategic advisor to the company
- $3.0B Well Servicing Company (Texas) – Strategic advisor to the company
- Oak Rock Financial – Consulting expert to the secured lenders