The Financial Advisory Team at Teneo
Teneo’s global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of financial stress and distress. No two situations are the same. Our advice and approach is tailored to each situation and each client. At Teneo, we believe such occurrences present new opportunities for our clients. Opportunities to restore value, raise new capital, pivot in a new direction and ultimately, identify certainty amidst chaos. Teneo partners with clients to find viable opportunities that will protect and enhance value and help them to build strategies that will most benefit their business and/or investment goals.
Integrating the disciplines of financial advisory, management consulting, investor relations, strategic communications, government affairs, risk analysis and talent advisory, Teneo’s global Financial Advisory team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress. We help address the challenges a business faces, whether that is targeted performance improvement to Financial Advisory, or delivering a route to recover value, our focus is delivering certainty from uncertainty.
This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside our established team in Bristol who will support you to develop your advisory skills and experience. You will work alongside some of the most experienced practitioners in the field supporting the boards, management teams, lenders and shareholders of companies which are underperforming and/or facing financing issues.
You will be exposed to a wide variety of projects within a highly commercial, client focused environment. You will work on high profile assignments ranging from insolvency to advising on the restructuring and financial turnarounds for high profile mid-market, national and international clients.
As a Senior Consultant you will have the opportunity to use your commercial awareness and professional expertise, along with leveraging the skills and expertise of others, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for our clients.
As a Senior Consultant you will support the leadership team with:
- Client Service – Be a part of project teams on a diverse range of challenging engagements – this will involve advising corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders on Restructuring Advisory, Contingency Planning and Insolvency projects.
- Business Development – Support the team’s business development and targeting activities.
- People and Leadership – Provide guidance and support to team members to create an inclusive environment.
- You will be a key team member working on financial restructuring engagements on a day-to-day basis, including managing junior staff.
- Assist with detailed financial and commercial analysis of businesses to identify key issues, challenges, opportunities and risks.
- Produce high quality deliverables within planned timescales.
- Continue to build technical expertise, broader business advisory and project management skills.
- Apply an understanding of financial engagement economics and engagement risk and quality management.
- Proactively contribute to business development and build client relationship skills.
- Support senior colleagues in the running of a sector or marketing key account team, including participating in, and organising, marketing events.
- Assist in regular targeting, research and development of project pitches.
People and Leadership
- Support leadership in creating an inclusive environment.
- Proactively support the development of colleagues by providing timely feedback and identifying development opportunities.
- Continue to develop personal brand.
Key Skills & Experience
- ACA/ACCA or equivalent qualification or experience (qualified or partially qualified).
- Analytical with strong IT skills e.g., Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook packages.
- Highly numerate with attention to detail and the ability to absorb large amounts of data quickly.
- Strong commercial and business diagnostics acumen.
- Experience of writing internal and/or client deliverables and financial analysis.
- Excellent communication, project management and organisational skills.
- Client and team focus, with ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships.
- Ambition to learn and develop further.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by an induction programme. As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Market-leading Salary
- 28 days holiday
- Cash benefits allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions, and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.