Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions, and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.
Strategy and Communications
Executive, Financial Communications and Investor Relations
Teneo is looking for a talented and driven Executive with a passion for strategic communications to join our Strategy and Communications team in the Middle East. Teneo’s Strategy and communications service offering provides all aspects of integrated communications counsel to business and government leaders and CEOs. This role is part of a thriving team advising high-profile clients on how to create effective narratives, manage reputation, engage with key audiences and tell proactive stories which support clients’ strategic objectives.
We’re interested in meeting candidates with wide-ranging perspectives, and we’re open to hearing from you whether you currently work agency side or in-house.
It’s key for us that you can cut across sectors and switch seamlessly between all our disciplines, from reactive issues management to proactive storytelling. And we’d love it if, like us, you’re intellectually curious, creative, collaborative, and eager to learn.
As an executive you’ll be responsible for providing the highest quality of service to our clients and play a pivotal role in driving forward activity across multiple account teams, delivering regular insight and analysis, and supporting clients’ reputational and strategic objectives. Executives work closely with Associates and Senior Associates, and report into our Senior Vice Presidents and Managing Directors.
Working at Teneo in the Middle East
Teneo works with some of the world’s biggest public sector and corporate entities across a wide range of sectors and issues, including energy, tech, FMCG, financial services and government offices. Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations and government entities. We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people.
Although this role is to primarily support our publicly listed corporate clients with financial communications and investor relations, we actively encourage our people to grow and develop their advisory skills across all our disciplines, including financial and M&A, digital, creative campaigning and corporate communications, change and employee engagement, leadership coaching, sustainability, strategy and research, issues and crisis management, and restructuring and management consultancy, to solve complex business issues for our clients.
As an Executive with the Strategy and Communications team at Teneo, your role will include:
- Research and analysis – conduct desktop research and analysis to understand market and business trends. Prepare reports presenting findings and insights to support client advisory.
- Media monitoring – provide support on monitoring news and coverage relating to client activities or related fields of interest.
- Media landscape scanning – keep abreast of current trends, news and developments in the media and capital markets landscape. Build understanding and lists of media targets and influential journalists to support client account work.
- Supporting financial communications and investor relations planning and implementation - research, ideation, messaging, content creation and copywriting. Support team in developing client ready documents e.g. presentations, reports, earnings releases, Q&A etc.
- Supporting account management – assist the wider account team in managing client relationship by providing support during client meetings, developing and maintaining client communication materials, taking notes, updating project trackers and helping to ensure all client needs are met in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Supporting new business development - supporting senior members of the team with new business proposals e.g. conducting research and developing insights to support the proposal building process.
Furthermore, you will be expected to:
- Build strong client and team relationships;
- Provide support and insight to your client teams, proactively highlighting opportunities, and potential areas of concern;
- Build a strong network of effective relationships internally and externally; and
- Proactively seek formal and informal learning and development opportunities to support your professional growth.
Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, journalism, law, political science, international relations, public policy, business, finance, accounting, or a related field
- 0-2 years of experience in a strategy, communications or finance/investor relations role – within agency or in-house
- Strong understanding of the region – its media and business landscapes
- Interest in finance, capital markets and investor relations
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Analysis and data visualisation skills
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Word)
- Understanding of digital communications
- Arabic writing skills an asset (for Arabic speakers)
Characteristics and Attributes
- Strategic and critical thinker
- Collaborative and a team player
- Problem solver with a positive attitude
- Flexible and always willing to try
- Detail oriented and committed to high quality deliverables
- Intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit
- Humble, honest and respectful
- Resilient and performs well under pressure
- Comfortable with uncertainty
What we can offer
New joiners are supported by an induction programme, and continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression. We support this with a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support.
Given our client base you’ll be working on career-defining work that is exciting, rewarding and one where you can make a real impact to high profile projects.
Teneo works with clients on complex issues and challenges that often require a multidisciplinary approach that leverage our main business segments – Strategy & Communications, Management Consulting, Financial Advisory, People Advisory and Risks Advisory. You will have opportunities to work alongside our experts in these disciplines to develop and deliver an integrated solution.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and rewards including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Annual salary review
- End-of-service benefits
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service)
- Private medical insurance (individual and immediate family members)
- Life insurance
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
- Flexible and remote working with office laptop provided