Senior Vice President, Strategy & Communications (Financial Communications) – Hong Kong
In today’s investment environment, shareholders are increasingly demanding accountability and transparency from corporate management and exerting their influence over companies’ business affairs and corporate governance.
As Teneo continues to expand their operations in Asia Pacific, the firm is looking for a high caliber candidate to join their Strategy and Communications team as a Senior Vice President in Hong Kong.
As a Senior Vice President, you will be expected to advise clients and companies on their ongoing communications and engagement with the investment community, as well as on special situations. You will be responsible for making a significant contribution to the company’s reputation, retention and growth of clients.
In this position, you will advise clients on their corporate and investor relations strategies to ensure that their securities are valued appropriately, and within the context of their performance and the market environment. You will make sure that clients have the support of their financial stakeholders, both on an ongoing basis and through major transformations and special situations.
· Serve as a trusted business advisor to the Teneo’s multinational client base in all areas of investor relations – with a particular focus on advising companies through major capital market activity (M&As, IPOs, Restructuring etc.).
· Develop high-stakes and high-impact programmes for listed companies that have a competitive advantage in the face of changing business, sector and market conditions.
· Confidently present recommendations to senior executives based on financial analytics and modelling, research, strategic and creative thinking, a credible point of view and perspective.
· Ability to advise at the intersection of ESG and capital markets for Teneo’s clients in the Asia Pacific region.
· Accepts responsibility for making complex decisions impacting colleagues and clients in a timely and transparent manner.
· Fosters an environment in which commitment to quality and client satisfaction is a top priority; can effectively lead high-performing teams and effectively respond to emerging client trends.
· Makes complex decisions impacting colleagues and clients in a timely and transparent manner
· Fosters an environment in which commitment to quality and client satisfaction is a top priority; leads Teneo to effectively respond to emerging client trends
· Works effectively with Teneo senior management to help identify senior client needs and works with other Teneo operating divisions to address them in an integrated team effort
· Identifies opportunities beyond own area of expertise to deliver integrated solutions to client challenges/new business growth
· Actively drives growth and new revenue from existing clients and through new business lead generation/winning new briefs
· 10-15 years related experience within a financial communications firm, or preferably in roles related to investor relations, investment/private banking, capital markets, or the financial media
· Experience as a former buy-side equity analyst, sell-side research analyst, corporate finance or investment banking is preferred;
· Strong ability to convey strategic and financial messages in written materials, financial models and data analysis;
· Ability to take complexity and translate effectively; a creative and strategic thinker in the area of reputation management, sees around corners, approaches communications from new angles;
· Financial Acumen: capital markets, accounting and finance, financial modelling, extensive experience with reporting, financial disclosures, quarterly releases, shareholder activism and the regulatory landscape
· Executive Presence: gravitas, confidence, ability to present to a CEO (C-Suite leadership team)
· Bachelor’s degree; CFA and/or MBA preferred
· Native English language skills are required. Additional language skills, such as Mandarin or Cantonese are an advantage.
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Teneo is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Teneo considers all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.