Senior Associate, Strategy and Communications - Singapore
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.
As we continue to grow our operations in Asia-Pacific, we are looking for a high calibre candidate to join our dynamic and professional Strategy and Communications team as a Senior Associate in Singapore. This is a unique opportunity for a driven, self-motivated candidate to develop a successful career in a dynamic, growing international advisory company.
A Senior Associate at Teneo is responsible for providing the highest quality service to our clients and plays a pivotal role in managing clients’ day-to-day activities; anticipating needs and identifying potential issues before they become problems. You will set high standards and play a key role in monitoring quality of work and ensuring agreed deadlines are met. You will also play a key role in supporting junior team members’ development; ensuring opportunities to learn, on-the-job coaching and a motivating team environment to work in.
- Assess client’s needs and provides consistently high-quality counseling and consulting services to clients
- Effectively manage client accounts and programs and maintain good relationships with crucial decision makers at client organisations
- Work as part of a nimble team to execute innovative communications campaigns
- Produce high quality content on a range of client deliverables and review content drafted by junior team members
- Advise and manage client’s content development and thought leadership building
- Lead team on market and policy analysis as well as research report development
- Work directly with media and other influencers to deliver solutions for clients
- Work with the senior management team on advising clients involved in special situations and M&A transactions
- Developing social & digital content for corporate clients as well as advise clients on social strategy and tactics
- Drive marketing initiatives, developing credentials and stakeholder relationships
- Seeks opportunities for organic growth by networking across client organizations and introducing Teneo to new contacts
- 4 - 6 years related experience in a similar environment within corporate communications, financial communications or media
- Strong working media knowledge and hands-on experience across international (regionally based), regional and Singapore media
- Well versed in financial concepts and capital markets terminology
- Strong in content writing and creation with high standards and attention to detail
- Domain expertise in financial services and technical industries including areas such as private equity, investment management and allocation would be an advantage
- Demonstrated leadership in managing multiple stakeholders (such as clients, media, industry associations, government) while maintaining good relationships
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential; additional language competencies at business communication level would be an advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Communications, Journalism, Economics or Finance, Politics is an advantage
- Personable, diligent and organised in approach to work and client management
- Well informed about global news and macroeconomic/finance events
- International experience (study and/or work) a plus
- Must display a strong work ethic, high standards and commitment to the role