People Advisor – Teneo Germany (based in Frankfurt)
Overall Purpose of Role
The People Advisor holds a position of responsibility within Teneo Germany, spanning the offices in Frankfurt and Berlin (although based in Frankfurt). You will be responsible for the daily management of the Teneo Germany’s people, recruitment, and operational needs and the first point of call for HR queries from staff, supporting the CEO of Teneo Germany and the COO of Teneo S&C in continental Europe. The role will also coordinate with other Teneo offices to ensure the smooth and professional functioning of all People Team related requests.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and coordinating the implementation of processes and best practice for HR, including data management across Workday, our HRIS platform, payroll, talent & development, and recruitment.
- Management of Employee Relations cases, alongside the Senior People Partner across the business from an end-to-end delivery perspective including final outcomes, whilst ensuring the firms compliance with employment legislation.
- Monitoring and updating on changes in German employment law, including any local particularities, and ensuring all operational processes and practices are aligned with current legal and compliance requirements, including the Employee Handbook.
- Support with the implementation of the annual review process, the appointment and training of Talent Managers, and with the rollout of staff satisfaction surveys.
- Coordinating with other Teneo offices and working with our global HR colleagues to identifying suitable training programmes to support the German offices, including in collaboration with the Talent Managers to staff in each German office .
- Support with recruitment into the Germany offices, working with Teneo’s global recruitment team and partners, including proactively responding to speculative applications, identifying suitable candidates from applications received and arranging interviews and written tests and coordinating feedback/follow-up.
- Support with onboarding for new joiners, including implementation of induction programme and updating contracts, and exit procedures for leavers.
- Delivering support on operational matters including, but not limited to, office premises, adopting and adapting global Teneo processes and policies in Germany, assisting with local events and marketing.
- General inter-office coordination, as required, within Germany, Europe and globally.
The People Advisor should act with discretion, integrity and professionalism at all times and be a key source of support for the team members and German leadership team.
- Should be German native and must speak as well as write in both German and English
- Ensures all reports, data and written work are correct in detail and without error
- Acts with discretion, integrity and professionalism
- Deals with matters in a confidential and appropriate way
- Makes logical, rational and well-reasoned judgements
- Effectively communicates throughout the business and can write clearly and succinctly reflecting the appropriate tone
- Makes good decisions in a timely manner that reflect a full understanding of risks, costs and benefits
- Communicates clearly and comfortably about both routine and important tasks/decisions
- Can skilfully and confidently negotiate both internally and externally
- Fully proficient level of competency in all mainstream software packages that are relevant to role
- Strong initiative and adopts a proactive approach
- Identifies issues and resolves promptly
- Manages and prioritises their workload effectively, successfully juggles multiple tasks
- Creates an immediate, positive and credible impression on others
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with all levels of people
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with colleagues, clients and external suppliers
- Communicates effectively with colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Seen as a cooperative team player willing to resolve issues for the good of all
- Always seeks to go above and beyond
- Proactively takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Calm and resilient
- Positive outlook, committed and enthusiastic
- Consistently works as a team player to achieve shared values and common goals
- Displays a healthy work-life balance, while sharing the load if teams are under pressure
- Actively participates in continuing professional development
- At least 3 years of full-time professional experience in an office management or human resources role
- Good understanding of German employment legislation, with official qualifications in the HR domain being an advantage
- Experience working in a fast-paced, multicultural environment