Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.
The Events Manager is an independent contractor position with the opportunity to convert to a full-time employee upon a minimum of three months review. This individual will be part of the Global Marketing Team and manage several events, including but not limited to, large scale client events, receptions and dinners, virtual events and internal offsites. The ideal candidate will have experience planning upscale events in a professional and corporate setting; identify as a highly motivated self-starter; and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. This position will require regular travel to our New York City headquarters as well as other international offices.
- Lead both planning and execution of multiple events concurrently, while also supporting planning for other future major events
- Ensure that all deliverables meet pre-defined business objectives, budgets, timelines, quality and creative standards
- Oversight of in-person and virtual events from start to finish, including organization of logistics and coordination with venues, vendors, designers, talent/entertainment, security, volunteers, and internal leadership
- Create comprehensive event project plans with timelines, production schedules and budgets; conduct regular checkpoints with client teams and leadership; flag and escalate potential risks
- Manage event data, communications, registration process and guest relations
- 5+ years of event management experience, preferably within a professional services environment
- Experience simultaneously managing multiple events of various types and sizes, within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Skilled project manager with superior organizational skills, attention to detail and creative eye
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders; strong proofreading abilities
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, adapt and be resourceful under pressure; responds well to change
- Strong team player able to support and partner with all members of the broader marketing team, managing time and priorities appropriately
- Ability to exercise discretion and sound judgment
- Ability to manage budgets and skillfully negotiate proposals and contracts with third-party vendors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office platforms (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); virtual meeting platforms (ex: Zoom, WebEx, BlueJeans, etc.); event software; and database/CRM
- Willingness to travel to various locations for events; some nights and weekends required
- Bachelor’s degree required
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Teneo is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Teneo considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.