Teneo is looking for a talented Senior Consultant with a passion for business, campaigning, and corporate communications to join our team. Teneo is an integrated communications consultancy, providing all aspects of strategic counsel to business leaders and CEOs. This role is primarily to support Teneo’s corporate communication and campaigning accounts, joining a thriving team advising high-profile clients on how to create effective narratives, build positive stakeholder relationships and tell proactive stories which support strategic business objectives.
We’re interested in meeting candidates with wide-ranging perspectives, and we’re open to hearing from you - whether you currently work agency side, or in-house.It’s key for us that you can cut across sectors and switch seamlessly between all our disciplines, from reactive issues management to proactive storytelling. And we’d love it if, like us, you’re intellectually curious, creative, collaborative, and eager to learn.
As a Senior Consultant you’ll be responsible for providing the highest quality of service to our clients and play a pivotal role in driving forward activity across multiple account teams, acting as a day-to-day lead for all projects, and establishing a trusted advisor relationship with clients.
Senior Consultants manage and coach our Consultants and Associate Consultants and work into and learn from our Associate Directors. Directors, and Managing Directors.
As a Senior Consultant at Teneo, you will:
- Act as a key day-to-day strategic advisor for clients working alongside associate consultants, consultants and directors
- Support the development of communications solutions, plans and campaigns for clients to drive positive brand awareness and manage corporate reputation
- Apply high standards and deliver consistent and positive results for clients
- Build strong relationships with a range of Teneo clients
- Develop in-depth knowledge of your clients and their respective sectors
- Contribute to new business development and pitches
- Keep informed regarding changes in the media landscape and relevant insights to inform opinions and ideas for clients
- Conduct high quality reporting to demonstrate the value and impact of results for clients
- Ensure high standards met across all teams you work with
- Assume a role as proactive coach and mentor for more junior staff across all teams
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a communications role is desirable.
- Excellent communications (oral and written) & presenting skills
- Knowledgeable about and adept at working with media
- Enthusiastic about the importance of creativity in campaigning
- Experience giving high-level strategic counsel to clients
- Positive client (or internal stakeholder) handling skills
- Confident at quickly becoming a subject matter expert
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Ability to anticipate requests before they are received
- A positive, flexible and ambitious team player
- Works well under pressure
- A strong understanding of the financial side of account management
What we can offer
New joiners are supported by an induction programme, and continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression. We provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support. Our face-to-face learning is supported by our internal knowledge management system.
Given our client base you’ll be working on career-defining work that is exciting and rewarding – with the opportunity to make a real impact on high profile projects.
Flexibility and time off
Hybrid working and flexible working
Remote working options available
25 days annual leave
Early finish Fridays
Health and wellness
Health Insurance contribution
Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
Annual flu vaccine
Benefit in Kind reimbursement for gym, fitness classes, sports clubs’ memberships
Competitive base salary with annual salary reviews
Annual and new business bonuses
Fully subsidised life insurance via a group scheme
PRSA contributions available via payroll
Bike to Work
Tax Saver scheme
Overseas secondments available with the Teneo Global Mobility Plan
Community and Personal Development
Learning and development opportunities
Company CSR program
Fully subsidised access to our online learning program
Employee resource groups for underrepresented groups and their allies
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm.
Teneo’s business in Ireland is a multi-award-winning consultancy with service areas covering corporate communications and reputation management, brand strategy and marketing communications, sports and entertainment sponsorship, and digital strategy and communications.
Working with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Globally, our clients include a significant number of Fortune 100 and FTSE 100 companies and major global corporations.
In Ireland, Teneo works with the senior leaders of the country’s most renowned organisations along with multi-nationals based in Ireland across a wide variety of industry sectors including – Retail, banking, energy, insurance, technology, professional services, tourism, manufacturing, FMCG, drinks industry, hospitality, aviation, motor, health and pharma.