Teneo is looking for a Legal Counsel to support our expanding and evolving operations across its Strategy & Communications, Consulting & Restructuring businesses in EMEA and other regions outside of the United States. This is an excellent opportunity to join Teneo’s global legal team (with team members based in London and New York). This role is based in the UK and will support and report into the London based, Deputy General Counsel. Teneo has offices in London, Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle and it is expected that the successful candidate will be based at one of these locations and will also be able to travel to London at least once a week.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, commercially minded and collaborative solicitor with inhouse legal experience. You’ll have intellectual curiosity, a high attention to detail, the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and enjoy working as part of a supportive team.
As Legal Counsel within Teneo you will:
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including professional services agreements, data processing agreements, vendor supply agreements, confidentiality agreements and influencer agreements.
- Assist with updating and creating precedents.
- Provide day to day advice to business colleagues on a wide variety of legal issues including data protection, intellectual property, employment matters, compliance, real estate and litigation. This will involve working collaboratively with legal and business colleagues to identify risks and provide solutions-driven, commercial advice.
- Lead or assist domestic and international regulatory compliance.
- Have a good understanding of UK/European data protection legislation and support on data protection initiatives and governance processes in the UK and other jurisdictions.
- Assist with developing and implementing new processes and, policies as needed, based on legal and regulatory requirements, industry standards and best practices.
- Support the development and delivery of training to the business to manage legal risks.
- Support on general company secretarial tasks such as companies house filings; drafting simple board and shareholder resolutions, updating PSC and UBO registers.
- Assisting with corporate matters, for example M&A, reorganisations, incorporating new group entities.
- Prioritise competing workloads and tight deadlines.
Key Skills & Experience
- Qualified solicitor in England & Wales with 5+ PQE, although other PQE will be considered if it can be shown that they meet the criteria.
- Ideally have spent some time working in-house or on secondment with experience of working in a smaller legal team ideally in a multinational business.
- Resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Organised and able to work independently without a lot of administrative support.
- Ability to explain legal principles to non- legal colleagues at all levels in the business.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness.
- Ability to work independently but recognise when to escalate issues.
- Additional languages are advantageous
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We balance the culture and feel of a boutique-sized company against the great client opportunities presented by working for a larger company.
Our culture is critical to our success. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and collaborative working environment in which strong performers can make rapid career progress. In supporting this, we run dedicated events for mental health and well-being, and ensure an inclusive and transparent environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential to our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. We are very happy to talk about flexible working, so please do let us know if this something you would like to discuss.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including.
- Market-leading Salary
- 28 days holiday plus 1 DEI day
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Cash benefits package
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities