Vice President of Policy, Strategy and Communications – Beijing
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
As we continue to grow our operations in Asia-Pacific, we are looking for a high calibre candidate to join our dynamic and professional Strategy and Communications team as a Vice President in Beijing. This is a unique opportunity for a driven, self-motivated candidate to develop a successful career in a dynamic, growing international advisory company.
A Vice President at Teneo plays a pivotal role in providing the highest quality of service to our clients. They act as the day-to-day lead for all client projects and oversee team delivery. They have an established and trusted relationship with clients and are the go-to advisor. Vice Presidents set high standards and provide quality control for all client work prior to sign-off where needed. They also create a positive team environment ensuring everyone has a clear role and opportunity to learn and develop.
- Close monitoring of key changes of China’s legislation, regulation and policy
- Prepare policy papers, policy response statements, and points-of-view on the relevant policies and analysis on the implications to global and local clients.
- Develop network of external stakeholders across government, industry, think tanks and business associations for policy research purpose
- Leads day-to-day client activity, ensuring high standards and establishing strong client relationships across the organization
- Contributes to new business lead development and pitches and plays an active role in growing clients organically is a plus
- 6-10 years related experiences in policy research in consulting firms, think tanks, business associations, media or MNC in-house roles with solid research samples provided
- A deep understanding of the geopolitics evolvement, macro environment and Chinese government policy making process in key sectors of trade, hi-tech, sustainability, bio-pharm etc.
- Existing network of trusted relations with governments, public policy makers and trade associations preferred
- Demonstrates a good understanding of other areas of expertise within the business and actively shares knowledge with clients
- Demonstrated leadership in managing multiple stakeholders while maintaining good relationships
- Excellent English and Chinese research, writing and editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in political science, public policy, international relations, business, economics. A postgraduate degree is an advantage;
- International experience (study and/or work) a plus
- Have a strong appetite for geopolitics, macroeconomic and finance events
- Ability to be confident, agile and proactive
- Must display a strong work ethic, high standards and commitment to the role