Senior Vice President, Strategy and Communications – Hong Kong
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
As we continue to grow our operations in Asia-Pacific, we are looking for a high calibre candidate to join our dynamic and professional Strategy and Communications team as a Senior Vice President in Hong Kong. This is a unique opportunity for a driven, self-motivated candidate to develop a successful career in a dynamic, growing international advisory company.
A Senior Vice President at Teneo is responsible for making a significant contribution to the company’s reputation, profitable growth and retention of clients. They have responsibility for leading client accounts and supporting teams to deliver to highest standards. They inspire new thinking and take an active role in contributing to our culture. Senior Vice Presidents play a pivotal role in retaining and developing our best talent both as a client team leader and mentor/coach.
- Seen as an experienced expert providing direct advice to clients and colleagues, and able to draw on their depth of experience/expertise
- Establishes long-term senior relationships by offering valued, strategic counsel and has a track record of retaining clients
- Encourages, inspires and motivates teams through mentoring and coaching to provide strong career development for all the people they work with
- Makes complex decisions impacting colleagues and clients in a timely and transparent manner
- Fosters an environment in which commitment to quality and client satisfaction is a top priority; leads Teneo to effectively respond to emerging client trends
- Works effectively with Teneo senior management to help identify senior client needs and works with other Teneo operating divisions to address them in an integrated team effort
- Identifies opportunities beyond own area of expertise to deliver integrated solutions to client challenges/new business growth
- Actively drives growth and new revenue from existing clients and through new business lead generation/winning new briefs
- 11 - 15 years related experience in corporate communication in corporate communications or financial communications
- A deep understanding and network with regional business media
- Ability to take complexity and translate effectively; a creative and strategic thinker in the area of reputation management, sees around corners, approaches communications from new angles
- Strong applied intellect and intellectual curiosity
- Up to speed with current local/regional/international business trends and stories
- Superior client relationship building and management skills
- Possess executive presence and the ability to present to a C-Suite leadership team
- Leadership Skills: strong management and organizational skills with the ability to develop and execute multiplatform strategies for clients while working with the client and Teneo account teams
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA preferred