Teneo is a global CEO advisory firm. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
The range of our services across the group ranges from advice on strategic communication, investor relations, corporate governance, diversity & inclusion to financial restructuring, digital transformation, financial advice and support with political, cyber and other risks.
Our 35-person strong team in Brussels are drawn from politics and government, the corporate world and journalism, NGOs and academia (https://www.teneo.com/brussels/)
We are recruiting
We are looking for a thoughtful and experienced EU affairs consultant to join our Strategy & Communications team in Brussels. We are particularly interested in candidates who have worked or are interested in working on regulatory affairs surrounding in the consumer and FMCG sectors, covering subjects such as packaging, circular economy and sustainability. We are looking for a committed, analytical and strategically minded consultant. You would work on EU policy mandates and also have the opportunity to be involved in Teneo’s broader suite of offers, including working with experts in ESG, financial restructuring and management consulting. This role is ideal for an EU affairs consultant with an interest in working on broader consultancy projects, frequently with international ramifications. Whether you are well-versed in the specific sector practice we are recruiting into, or simply wishing to test your mettle in a new area of regulatory affairs, Teneo offers a productive and collegiate environment in which to prove yourself and develop your career.
As part of your skillset, we would highly value the following qualities and characteristics:
- Experience of working on EU regulatory advisory mandates in an international context
- Ability to produce high-quality, C-suite quality advisory and written support documents
- Ensuring high quality standards in project, client and document management
- Ability to demonstrate or effectively acquire in-depth knowledge of our clients' business and industries
- Strong team-player with an ability to communicate effectively internally and manage upwards and downwards as part of day-to-day account management
- Recognizing and using options to market Teneo's differentiated approach and wide range of consulting services
- Initiative and willingness to take on tasks for the team
If you are interested in working closely with colleagues around the world and want to help us expand the Teneo offering in Brussels and across Europe, then come and join us.
Skills and Experience
- University degree, business acumen
- Minimum of 5-6 years of professional experience in a specialized agency / corporate communications
- Interest in current affairs
- Positive, flexible and ambitious team player
- Business fluent and excellent written English
- Confidence and comfortable voicing your opinions, both internally and with clients
- Contributes to a positive and highly professional atmosphere with a can-do attitude, always focused on pre-empting issues and being solutions focused.
- Acts with discretion, integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Calm under pressure, committed and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrates a collegiate and collaborative style, actively getting to know peers across the consultancy and using this to better understand all areas of our offer. Supports a learning culture and plays an active role in sharing knowledge and insight.
Employment at Teneo
As the global CEO advisory firm, Teneo’s purpose is to partner with clients globally to do great things for a better future. Every leader needs a trusted team of advisors as they navigate a rapidly changing world. Companies are now judged on the total value they provide to individuals and society, rather than on financial returns alone.
You can access more information about Teneo’s values and approach to working with clients and colleagues via this link https://www.teneo.com/our-firm/
This Senior Consultant role has the following core contractual terms:
- Permanent contract, full-time in Belgium
- Competitive Compensation
- Offices in 1000 Brussels