As a Talent Development Advisor within Teneo, you'll manage the development, co-ordination and delivery of an impactful training and development offering for Teneo Financial Advisory; supporting people around the business in their progression and learning journeys and creating new and relevant opportunities for everyone to learn and develop.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Talent Development Advisor looking for the next step in their career. The TD Advisor works closely with the Talent Development Partner and Senior People Partner in our Financial Advisory part of the business, as well as the Talent Development team and wider People team. This is a Global client facing role and whilst primarily will be supporting our UK Financial Advisory business which has 11 offices across the UK, the role will have a Global remit, supporting the strategic global growth of the business. The Talent Development Advisor will be responsible for building strong and dynamic relationships to be seen as a trusted partner providing effective and proactive advisory advice to both individuals and teams. The HR Advisor will act as an Employee Champion, driving engagement and reflecting the Firm’s culture and values.
This position could be full-time or part time.
The responsibilities listed below are intended to be a broad but not exhaustive list.
The People Team at Teneo
As a Talent Development Advisor within Teneo you will support on the development and implementation of talent development and learning initiatives across our business.
This role is an integral part of a collegiate, ambitious, and highly professional Global People team that aims to always drive innovation, efficiencies, and progressive people solutions to ensure we continue to be an employer of choice.
Within this role you will demonstrate extensive Learning and Development knowledge, drive process changes, efficiencies and innovation and make decisions in a timely manner that are logical, rational, and well-reasoned as well as be a collaborator across the wider People team function.
- Work closely with the Talent Development (TD) Partner, Senior People Partner and Talent Development Coordinator supporting the Financial Advisory business and part of the Talent Development team
- Support and mentor the Talent Development Coordinator, to provide advice on and resolving employee queries
- Have a deep understanding of the portfolio of Financial Advisory learning interventions in order to advise employees
- Manage and take end-to-end ownership of projects. E.g.:
- Delivery of Talent Development induction for new joiners
- Talent Manager development
- Facilitator development
- Manage scheduling and delivery of the Financial Advisory curriculum, working with the TD coordinator and TD Partner
- Support with professional qualification management for our students and experienced professionals, working with the Talent Development Partner
- Support on cross business programmes where needed e.g. DEI programmes
- Own all required communications for a learning offering (new sessions, spaces, reminders, cancellations, non-attendance and re-scheduling)
- Project management of learning initiatives
- Monitoring and managing waitlists and training attendance records
- Tracking invite attendance; requests, acceptances and cancellations and informing teams of actions that need to be taken
- Managing the course feedback process
- Developing training materials/advising SMEs on learning design
- E-learning: creating e modules based on pre-approved content using Articulate, working with Talent Development Partner
- Ensuring Learning Management System is up to date and escalating any issues
- Draft business communications to share good news stories and successes
- Support international offices with best practice, access to UK learning opportunities and subject matter expertise
- Bring new creative learning and development ideas to the table
- Support facilitators with virtual training functionality and management in live sessions
- Managing invoicing process aligned with budget
- Arranging performance enhancement programmes consisting of training, coaching & mentoring
- Deliver/facilitate training based on a portfolio of your expertise, to expand further over time
- Any other tasks and activities as required in line with job purpose
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven experience within a Talent Development/Learning role
- Strong attention to detail ensuring all written work, reports and data are correct in detail and without error
- The ability and desire to work autonomously, working with senior level stakeholders globally, with support for development
- Desire to work in close collaboration with Talent Development Partner, Senior People Partner and wider People team
- Operates at a fast pace demonstrating the ability to influence and challenge when needed
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Ability to prioritise competing demands
- Acts with discretion, integrity and professionalism at all times and is a key source of talent development advice and support for the senior management team.
- Creates an immediate, positive, and credible impression on others.
- Actively participates in continual professional development and keeps up to date with trends and technology in the learning and development industry
- Proactively takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- The ability and desire to work in an environment of ambiguity, often symptomatic of a rapidly growing global business
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and parental leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
The Financial Advisory Team at Teneo
Our global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors, and other financial stakeholders in all situations – from well-performing to stressed. No two situations are the same, and our advice and approach is tailored to each set of circumstances and client.
Teneo guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress to create liquidity headroom, reduce costs, improve profitability, turnaround or exit underperforming businesses, assess options, address balance sheet stress, communicate appropriately with all stakeholders, more efficiently run their businesses and, ultimately, deliver certainty from uncertainty.
Our expert team also brings market-leading experience in establishing and delivering contingency plans and insolvencies across multiple jurisdictions, providing credible fallback plans to protect value, or helping to shape and affect a restructuring.
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We are an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance), DE&I (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion), political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we are proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity, and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are adopting a 60:40 principle of office: remote working across our UK business which offers the flexibility to ensure that our people are empowered to find the right rhythm for themselves, our teams, and our clients. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.